Chiaki

dgraz

Ok ok okok okok okok ok ok ok......

So sorry for the terse response, but I have a toddler on my arm.....

Here's the deal. Chiaki is auto-include for me. Now with that said I am a resser player (dabbling in 10T and Outcasts). With that said, she is one of the most solid 6ss models in the game. 

A (0) action which can make models insignificant and do damage. I never take her upgrade because for 6ss she does so much in a support role and i can't justify the extra ss cost.

Some other key points:

• 7 Wds with Incorporeal
  • Purity - Totally underrated. This has so much power in things like reconnoiter.....oh and have you ever used a Belle/Dead Doxy with this? Oh no you haven't this is a 10T forum....so ya....this is a little OP @ 6ss
  • Oh a 7 of anything to remove 1 condition from any model.....ummmm yes please. Oh you mean your Viks have been powered up by conditions? Let me remove those. Oh I have poison on my models, let me remove those.
  • Added bonus of a heal. Not something to rely on but seriously a 7+ram (base) is pretty easy to find, and 2 wounds healed on your master when Assassinate is on the table is pretty awesome.

So, I can go on and on....but Chiaki is an auto-include in my resser crews and if I'm playing 10T and using Yan Lo, I'd say a 90% appearance will be made with her (when I play him more often).

• Oh a 7 of anything to remove 1 condition from any model.....ummmm yes please. Oh you mean your Viks have been powered up by conditions? Let me remove those. 

Gotta call that one out a little.........with a 5 Ca against a model that requires Conditions to run.....it's going to be far more than a 7 and lucky to do it. I concur the threat is great though.

• Like 1

Gotta call that one out a little.........with a 5 Ca against a model that requires Conditions to run.....it's going to be far more than a 7 and lucky to do it. I concur the threat is great though.

I'm confused, why is it more than a 7? It's Ca 5 TN12.

<And really, she is Ca 6 automatically, as long as you have a book in your hand (even a low book). Use her 0 to target your own model first turn and she is Ca 6 for the rest of the game.> Edit: Incorrect.

And really, she is Ca 6 automatically, as long as you have a book in your hand (even a low book). Use her 0 to target your own model first turn and she is Ca 6 for the rest of the game.

The 0 only allows you to gain chi when you target an enemy model.

True true. The 7 is more likely to be used on your own models to remove slow, paralyzed, poison, etc. You're right I'd probably use some thing a little higher than a 7 on an enemy. However a 7 is a good way to attack someones hand and drain cards potentially.

<And really, she is Ca 6 automatically, as long as you have a book in your hand (even a low book). Use her 0 to target your own model first turn and she is Ca 6 for the rest of the game.> Edit: Incorrect.

Because it's an opposed Duel. And with a Ca 5 it's not very dangerous..........though I do agree that it's fine for your own models and that it could get more dangerous later in the game IF you can get some Chi on her. At base I'm not sure I would cheat a 7 just to attack the enemy hand.....I'm throwing away a card to get them to throw a card? That's not tactically sound....that's only good if you can cheat a low card to make them cheat a higher card.....like if she had a couple Chi on her I'd gladly cheat a 5 to make them drop a 7......early game I'd certainly attempt it and if I top deck it then it was worth it.

I understand why it's like that....because once she gets Chi she becomes much stronger....the problem is getting her there....and I still think the triggers are the better part of her abilities and that makes her less reliable.

I also concede that I don't have a lot of table time with her.....my OP was more of a first impression....so I'm very happy that you lot jumped in because I was ready to just not bother with her but now I'll give her a few more chances. So thanks for that.