What's the deal with Tara?

So I finally got a chance to get back to looking at the fluff/rules manual and see Tara--a master I wasn't familiar with, but her back story strikes me as fairly interesting so I think "Hey, maybe I should go buy a Tara!"

A bit of web surfing teaches me two things: 1) Tara was one of the first (the first?) new master introduced with plastics, and 2) she is basically impossible to buy right now.

So (1) tells me why I don't own her yet since I am a metal lover.  But what I haven't figured out on my own is why (2)?  Was she a limited edition?  Is Wyrd rotating model production so she's temporarily out of stock but will come back?  Other?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Tara was only available as a Ltd Ed Nightmare Edition at the moment. She was originally available at last year's GenCon from what I understand. She was then made available again during the Black Friday Sales last year in an even more Ltd Ed Black Crystal Nightmare Edition. If you're lucky you'll be able to find Tara on eBay but don't expect her to be cheap. You may also find somebody looking to part with her crew box in the trading section of the forum. I've seen her pop up there from time to time. 

It's worth noting that Tara was initially planned as a Wave 2 Release, but ended up being a part of Wave 1 and GenCon due to two reasons:

1. Wyrd found themselves with an opening regarding their Nightmare Edition release of the year, and felt that Tara and her crew would be a perfect fit for the Nightmare treatment. (This is the reason for the model release.)

2. Leveticus and his crew were supposed to be part of the Wave 1 Book (this is why the Outcasts story involves him), but were not able to be wrangled into being fun and balanced in time for the ending of the Wave 1 Beta. Thus, they needed to be removed and placed in Wave 2; Tara, who was being worked on internally (but saw no open beta testing) was moved into his place. (This is the reason for her being in the rulebook.)

As a result, Tara and her crew will have their normal crew box released amidst the Wave 2 schedule (as it was initially scheduled, planned, and budgeted for) in its original place in the manufacturing queue, despite her rules being in the Wave 1 rulebook. I believe the initial estimates involved fall/winter 2014 at the absolute earliest, but it's been a while since I read up on all of this. Plus, schedules have shifted or fallen behind a few times, so I'd wager we'll see her by Christmas if we're lucky, Q1 2015 if we aren't (not that I have anything to judge this by, just gut feeling).