What's happening with the Ten Thunders?

Necrotix

Many moons ago I started Malifaux in the first edition. 

I've since bought the new 2e rules manual and am looking at picking up some models to enjoy the new plastics. I was looking at either returning to the resurrectionists, or going Ten Thunders. 

I went to a site today and found that they'd sold out (or suddenly lacked stock) of the starter set and seemingly everywhere in the UK has none of them either. 

Also, is there anywhere that you can see the cards for all the current releases so as to plan ahead with what to buy? 

I got the rules manual because I like small rulebooks so I'd rather not have to buy effectively the same again just to get the stats, the same with buying an Arsenal box I wouldn't want cards that I might duplicate later on by buying stuff. 

So, it's as if something is telling me not to get Ten Thunders and instead get McMourning or Seamus hehe. 

As far as I can make out, the Ten Thunders stuff is getting re-boxed and updated for M2E. I think some of the kits are getting 're-sprued' too, so they're a bit easier to assemble and less ... complex/confusing/infuriating.

As far as the stats go I'm pretty sure you'd either have to get the jazzy big rule book or pick up an arsenal deck, but I may be wrong. Either way you're getting good stuff, cool fluff and artwork in the rulebook or additional spare cards in the arsenal deck, I know I always want spares of everything.

Thanks for the swift replies. I did expect that I'd get the profiles in the rules manual but that just may have been bad planning on my part. Small books are always good to take to the table afterall. 

For the book 1 masters is there a rundown of syneries and playstyles? There are several crew boxes I like the look of but obviously need to consider how I'd expand on those to see if I like the stuff in faction and if things would gel together or be like what my daughter makes when she has building blocks out (it goes together but it ain't pretty). 

Thanks. 

You can get all the Wave 1 Cards in the relevent Arsenal Decks. It's always worth buying them because you get the generic faction upgrade cards as well as the crews. 10T Arsenal Deck includes all the wave 1 models as well as Misaki, Lynch and Mei Fengs crews as well as the faction upgrades. From what I have heard the 10T crews have been pulled so they can have the artwork updated and include the Wave 1 Cards for M2E. 

• 3 weeks later...

Arcane Miniatures in the UK were showing the Misaki box in stock when I checked a couple of days ago.  Not sure how accurate it will be though.

And also it would be the old cards inside.

Well, I ordered the Misaki set from AM as they are the only people showing it in stock. That was two weeks ago, no despatch notification and no reply to emails asking what's going on.... sigh. 

Looks like I'll be waiting for the reprint before I get to play. 

If you've got the cards you could always proxy.  If you want a run down on playstyles then you can get an overview from the wiki as mentioned by Swiglitz or search the battle reports forum to see how things actually go down.  I play Ten Thunders and I've not regretted it, they are lots of fun.

I used to order from them a lot when Confronation version 3 was new. They didn't used to be that bad, but then, slowly, things would not turn up and emails asking for updates would go unanswered so I stopped using them. That was probably 2007/8 IIRC. 

After all this time I thought I'd give them another go, thinking that in another 7 years if they were still operational and carrying new stock they might have improved some. Turns out they haven't as it's three weeks now since I placed the order and no communication. I'll be opening a Paypal dispute soon I think. Needless to say I'll not be ordering from them again. I'll stick to Element/Troll Trader/Firestorm that provide an excellent service.