Poison, Marionettes and Prevention/Reduced/Negated

Undisclosed

Question

In a recent game of Malifaux this topic was brought to my attention and i may just be reading into it too much, but i hope i can get a solid clarification on the different interactions going on here. Apologies if this has been brought up before, i couldn't find anything on Google or by looking through this forum. First off let's start with Poison

Pg 53 ..any model with the Poison Condition suffers 1 damage that may not be reduced or negated.

and then let's quote Damage Prevention

Pg 47 ...The player flips a card, which cannot be cheated, and reduces the damage according to the following table:

So as per the FAQ i understand that Damage Prevention is different to reduction and so Poison damage can be prevented by a Damage Prevention flip. All good so far. 

Onto the Marionettes

A Perfect Match: When this model would suffer damage from a Condition, it prevents 1 damage dealt by the Condition.

So if the Marionette has the Poison condition, would it suffer the damage or would it prevent 1 damage and so reducing it to 0 damage from Poison? Does the prevention of the 1 damage from Poison 'negate' the condition which it can't do as per the Poison rule?

3 answers to this question

Yes they ignore it, poison says it can't be reduced or negated, and the marionette says it prevents the damage. It's funny, they are also immune to black blood given out by the Black Blood Shaman because it's a condition, but not from black blood baked into cards because it's an ability.