Push into base to base with markers

Scirian

A quick query:

Something that comes up on a fairly regular basis with my crews is push into base to base with markers.

I'm an Outcast/Gremlin player and having the likes of Ashes & Dust/McTavish have me doing this a lot.

I understand base to base with models of a certain height/impassable, but markers seem trickier because ht 0 and are not impassable.

To pose a true hypothetical from a game:

Ashes and Dust has a piece of scrap within 10".

He Whirlwhind of Scrap's to push into base to base.

Does he need to end on the closest base edge?

Or can he continue past the marker and end on the farthest base edge?

Did you move in a straight line if yes continue. Did you end the movement touching the marker if yes then you did nothing wrong.

If the answer is no to either then no you can't do the action. But since you can pre-mesure you should be fine.

Short answer yes you can push past as long as you stay in b2b.

Hmm, it seems like me and my Malifaux group might have played the whole "push into base contact" a bit wrong.

Lets take the ability from Teddy:

"After Damaging, push the target 4 in any direction, then push this model into base contact with the model".

seeing as it does not say "directly" anywhere, we have always played it so you could just place Teddy anywhere, as long as he was in bace contact... But looking at it now, the generel rule for push is of course in a direct line(pg.43)... need to remember this ^^

Hmm, it seems like me and my Malifaux group might have played the whole "push into base contact" a bit wrong.

Lets take the ability from Teddy:

"After Damaging, push the target 4 in any direction, then push this model into base contact with the model".

seeing as it does not say "directly" anywhere, we have always played it so you could just place Teddy anywhere, as long as he was in bace contact... But looking at it now, the generel rule for push is of course in a direct line(pg.43)... need to remember this ^^

Pushes are always straight lines. And always directly towards or away something unless it says "in any direction".