100ss Pool for M2E tournament in January

crossandswitch

Playing in a tournie in January and wondered about the following, only released cards/models allowed so no Wave 2 or Dawn Serpent/Fuhatsu:

Misaki

Mei Feng

Emberling

Shang

Ototo

Kang

rail golem

2x archers

2x rail workers

2x torakage

2x oiran

2x metal gamin

Untouchable

Disguise

Misdirection

Recalled Training

Call the thunder

smoke and shadows

hard worker

seismic claws

think that covers 100ss, what do people think?

I think it's a fair pool, I can see it doing most strategies OK, although I think stake a claim, if it comes up, will be difficult.

Have you thought about how you'd combine crews from it for all schemes?

I think it's a pretty good balance of models and that it could do well. I'd be interested in which master you'd choose for which strategy.

Assuming this is Isle of Faux, I'm also attending, but only going with a single master - I don't think that TT has that option in wave 1 though.

Just take Lynch plus other stuff and win. Seriously though, I think right now Lynch is the best 10T master.

Even if Lynch is the best Ten Thunders master I don't really agree that he's quite as good as 'take him and win'.

For the list, I've struggled to find a use for more than a single Oiran so depending on your other options then that might be a good option to save yourself a few soulstones. What other pieces do you have available? Illuminated are excellent at both fighting and blocking and as such are well worth including if you can. Yamaziko is another good option if you have the miniature. It looks to me like you've basically just written the complete list of Ten Thunders that you own (i.e. pretty much the whole lot minus Dark Debts and Yamaziko) plus the majority of legal upgrades, then dropped them all down two of each of the trios of minions.

My general experience so far has been that this edition of Malifaux is immature enough that you can get more mileage out of knowing your crew really well than you can by picking the optimum crew for each game.

Good luck, and I hope you'll let us all know how it went.

If you have Lynch, Id pick him over Misaki I think. Definitelly consider a few Illuminated and a third Rail Worker if you're going that route.

Regardless of Lynch, I strongly (read: STRONGLY) recommend taking Kang's personal upgrade. It helps him deter attackers and it is always a ton of fun to pseudo-riposte people.

~Lil Kalki

I have pretty much taken what I own, I do have Yamaziko but find her a little too fragile and have been underwhelmed with her, but then I did use her massively with Misaki in 1.5 because she was dirty good.

I don't own Lynch, and aren't too bothered about going down the Neverborn route. I did want to take Kang's upgrade but found it difficult to find room, dropping an Oiran would give the stones to take the upgrade, but would leave me with 3 stones wasted wouldn't it?