Did you all see this M2E Lady Justice Spoiler?

Final_Crucible

When I started Malifaux a few months ago I was torn between getting the Death Marshalls or The Thunder for my first set. Misaki won out by a very, very close margin and I have been looking forward to the re-release of LJ an awful lot.

Now I've seen the concept I am not disappointed. The models look exceptionally dynamic and I really like what they've done with the DMs and the Judge - the older models just looked very dreary in comparison.

Lady J herself is slightly different. I *love* her ninja pose, but her hair will have to be altered as that upwards 'flick' just makes no sense considering the stance of the model. Simply chopping that upward flick off and a slight re-sculpt will make it look much, much better IMO.

All in all I am very happy with this re-release. I like the new DM - they look utterly terrifying and, considering their reputation, they should have a more supernatural element to them. The Judge looks amazing, as does the Scales, and with the slight alterations to LJ, she will look awesome too!

Keep going Wyrd - I am 100% impressed so far.

- Valtyr

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the concept art (because that's all it is until we see actual minis)

The Judge - if he weren't pictured with the rest of the Lady J crew, I wouldn't have even realized this was The Judge. He needs an alt head.

Death Marshals - these I like. Really. Maybe they don't have flaming skulls all the time. Maybe that only happens when they use their powers, and the rest of the time they look like they always have. At any rate, I think they look cool, and their poses are no more bizarre than the current ones.

Lady J - the pose is great, and I like that the sword looks more badass than the one in her alt sculpt. My only real problem is the hair, but I feel that could be fixed just by adding a hair band, bow or whatever tying up the hair towards the end. That would explain why it seems to be pinched at the end like that, and it would be a really easy fix, either for Wyrd going into production, or for anyone with access to modelling putty.

As for her losing her shirt (the rest of her outfit is the same as ever), I would have issues if EVERY female model looked like this. But itt is counter balanced by Rasputina's parka twice over, so Wyrd can afford to have TWO masters dress like this before feeling like they need to apologize for anything. *wink*

And frankly, considering the change to her physique, this is still a less cheesecake model than her original sculpt.

With the new cross faction masters (McM etc) you've got to think that some minions are going cross faction with them as well...

Wait what? I was just looking for a bigger picture of the new Justice crew as I kinda like the DMs and I know I'm late to the show but could someone fill me in on this? (Big fan of the Big McM)

I'm not sure about these new models... What I envisioned the guild to be (and the fluff is what created this vision), is the most human and least influenced by magic of all of the factions as a whole... I feel like Sonnia Criid's crew should have had the flaming green magic energy, considering they were directly influenced by magic...

I won't make any further judgements until the resolution of the picture is acceptable.

Edited by Thulis

I see most opinions seem to have been spoken already in this thread, so to not regurgitate too many of them I`ll just keep it short.

One thing seems to be on many peoples minds, Lady J`s pose.

They way I see it, she looks like she has moved from a standing (or jumped) down into a crouching pose and the momentum has carried her hair further. Both she and her hair and been moving sideways, from our left to right. It looks quite natural if you look at it this way. Not completely, but quite.