Into the Breach - 35ss Fixed Faction Tournament. 22nd & 23rd September

Malandres

A new deck is always useful.

Putting up Santana for the marker's prize should make everyone put a lot of effort into their wagon, but she could be considered a more valuable prize than the deck (or anything else you could offer). It is, after all, a wargaming tournament, so the 'best' prize should perhaps go to the best player (over the weekend). Just my initial thoughts. Personally I'm playing for the craich.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going ahead with it regardless of numbers now, the latest cancellation is due to an operation date.

Looks like 1 (maybe 3 locals), 1 Milton Keynes, 4 Wales now! So between 6 and 8.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Prizes are;

Last - Wooden Spoon

1st - Retro Deck

Markers - Santana (if she arrives in time, if not I'll post it to Marker winner)

You only need 6 players to run the tournament as it was, just means everyone plays the others once and you don't play swiss. I would prefer to play a tournament over two days even with a low turn out if we are traveling all that way. I would not cancel it as you have 4 from out of town who cannot cancel which means you only need two confirms locally or even play yourself if it is such a low turnout.

Luke.

I have 5 and 2 maybes, sadly the maybes can only confirm on the day, I will have things planned for the Saturday and you guys will have your tournament fees refunded.

Gav, Luke and myself are still coming down regardless. I'm still a bit shocked at the number of drop outs but hey, it's Malifaux... bad things happen!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

You only need 6 players to run the tournament as it was, just means everyone plays the others once and you don't play swiss. I would prefer to play a tournament over two days even with a low turn out if we are traveling all that way. I would not cancel it as you have 4 from out of town who cannot cancel which means you only need two confirms locally or even play yourself if it is such a low turnout.

Luke.

I have to say that I agree completely with Luke. I would rather we ran the tournament with only 6 players than not at all. It's not easy juggling real life to get the chance to go away and play with toys for a weekend. So, as we're locked into coming anyway (or losing a not insignificant amount of money on our hotel accomodation), it would be preferable to attend for the original purpose.