Tournament - Leeds UK - 7th May

mythicFOX

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Event’s six weeks on Saturday!

A heads up to everyone.

Given there seem to be a very limited number of rules manuals circulating in the UK, and that number of schemes have changed from Book 2, I am considering restricting schemes to only the ten visible in the PDF of the rules manual.

The ones in the PDF are;

Bodyguard

Breakthrough

Eye for an Eye

Hold Out

Stake a Claim

Raid

Army of the Dead

Sabotage

Kidnap

Thwart

I’m going to wait a couple of weeks before making the decision. Has anyone got any thoughts?

Edited by mythicFOX

So essentially we'd all get the 5 basic ones, then our faction specific one?

I don't see a problem with it at all. It would force us to adapt to schemes that we maybe wouldn't have chosen, which would just add to the challenge!

From a personal point of view, I'm more than happy to do this as I know a few people have had problems getting hold of the new book over here.

I'll just be happy to get three games of Malifaux packed into one day, so no problems here at all! :)

James.

Totally agree. There's a couple there I wouldn't normally pick but that will just make things more fun having to adapt my crew to those. Also means its much easier for everybody to know what they're up against if you don't regularly play a particular faction/master you're only having to learn one extra scheme for each instead of all the ones in the book.

I'm happy enough with that ruling if you went with it :)

How about using Rattys printable schemes?

Everyone has access to those and I'm sure they've been updated since the new book came out.

We could print and laminate a set for each table.

I don't mind the limited number either but thought I'd suggest this as an option.

Andy.

Maybe. It's really about giving players the opportunity to practice and not get blindsided by a change at the end of a game.

I can expect players to be familiar with the Rules Manual and the Tournament Pack. Adding more documents in may be a risk.

Hummmm...

For the entries, do you think we could have a list of the user names on here? Just most of us won't know eachother personally other than the few we're travelling with, so it might be a nice way to find out which people we've seen post / replied to in the past are going? :)

James.

I had a question about that. The painted comp will be at the dinner break is that right? If so, will there be time to nip out and grab something then come back to look at them all? (if indeed you find somewhere local for food!)

Looking forward to this now, should be a really good day out. I'll take some pics too (with each opponents permission of course). Good stuff!

James.

Again that's going to depend on my food scouting run at the weekend :)

I'm aware the lunch break is tight at 30mins. I may put the paint judging back into (and slightly extend) the break after round two.

The timetable is always going to be a little fluid once the day begins.

Ok so the event is three weeks tomorrow. :D

IMPORTANT STUFF:

Remember tickets must be paid for by the 30th of April, that's two weeks tomorrow.

So you stragglers need to get your money in ASAP.

On schemes. I've decided I'm not going to restrict schemes beyond what's already in the pack. Please be aware some of them are slightly different in the Rules Manual to those in Book 2.

By popular request I did some food scouting yesterday, and very nice it was too. Very LARGE Bacon & Sausage Baguette for £2.90. :D

On that basis I'd recommend people hit a cafe/sandwich shop called Rollette for Breakfast/Lunch, its a three minute drive further up Meanwood road from the venue. Lunch break's only half an hour so it may be worth getting orders in before round one begins and then picking it up / having it delivered in bulk.

Tea, Coffee, Cans, Crisps and Sweets are sold on site at the venue for those (like me) who can't function without sugar and caffeine.

@ James. - The things I put myself through getting ready for the event. "Well I suppose I better get bacon AND sausage to check the quality." :)

EDIT:

Just a quick reminder to everyone that Lunch is NOT included in the ticket price. Sorry but the budget's quite tight with £5/ticket going into the prize pool.

Edited by mythicFOX

@ James. - The things I put myself through getting ready for the event. "Well I suppose I better get bacon AND sausage to check the quality." :)

You're my hero! ;)

Sounds good though, got some painting left to do, but should be finished what I need in plenty of time. I'm being all nerdy and excited about this now, just two weeks on saturday! :D

James.