Initiative Re-Flips

EricR

Question

Hello everyone, total newbie here.  My wife and I bought the starter box set and have played all five encounters.  We are having some trouble with the use of soul stones and re-flipping initiative.  We have confused each other.  So when you burn a sound stone to refill, do both player filp again, or just the player who used the sound stone?

I tried searching the forums, but I think this is such a basic question.

Thanks for any help!

3 answers to this question

The answer you're looking for is specifically on page 31 of the small rulebook under Use Soulstones

Beginning with the player who has the lowest value card each player may elect to reflip her card (or cards) by spending a Soulstone from her Soulstone Pool, even if one or more players flipped a Joker. Each player may only reflip using a Soulstone once per Initiative Phase. If the players are tied after choosing whether or not to use a Soulstone, both players must reflip.

each player is paying to reflip their own card.  The reason you see the (or cards) there is that some masters have the ability to give you positive twists and the like to the initiative.