Cheating bastard marker placement

Payzahh

Question

Hello.

I'm just wanting to check if the rules, as written, on the cheating bastard upgrade mean that markers cannot be placed in base contact with Jacob or Huggie, if there is another marker within 4".

The text ends with 'it able' so my thinking is that this is refering to the normal restrictions on marker placement.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Payzahh said:

Hello.

I'm just wanting to check if the rules, as written, on the cheating bastard upgrade mean that markers cannot be placed in base contact with Jacob or Huggie, if there is another marker within 4".

You're making a common mistake concerning effects that place scheme markers.  The 4" rule only applies to Interact to place scheme markers, it doesn't apply to other effects that place scheme markers unless they say so explicitly.

3 hours ago, Payzahh said:

The text ends with 'it able' so my thinking is that this is refering to the normal restrictions on marker placement.

Nope, it's there because Hungering Darkness might not be in play, and people would be asking what happens if he's not around if it didn't say "if possible".  

9 hours ago, solkan said:

You're making a common mistake concerning effects that place scheme markers.  The 4" rule only applies to Interact to place scheme markers, it doesn't apply to other effects that place scheme markers unless they say so explicitly.

Nope, it's there because Hungering Darkness might not be in play, and people would be asking what happens if he's not around if it didn't say "if possible".  

Brilliant! Thank you very much for your help.