The Other Pig Master

James Dyson

Howdy!

I’ve taken a break from Parker, and have been enjoying playing Ulix with his new upgrades.  I feel like Ulix, and Pigs in general, have a lot of play in GG18 with the emphasis on durability and mobility.  One of the issues I have had with him, though, is his need to get in close to the enemy to do anything.

This got me thinking about what I could do to give the Pigs a bit more ranged “oomph”. That’s when I remembered that Somer has “Pig Feed”, and upgrade that gives him Pork Whisperin’ and an action to push Pigs toward an enemy and maybe even get an attack.  Add to that his Boomer, and the guns of Bayou Gremlins, and we have some of that ranged support for the Big Pigs.

I definitely plan to give it a run for a few games, but I’m curious to know if anyone has given Somer with Pigs a try in GG18, and if so- what have your experiences been?

Somer teeth Jones 4 cache

-on your tip toes 1 ss

-family tree

-Pig feed 1 ss

Skeeter 2ss

Old major 9ss

-saddle 1ss

-corn husks 2ss

Trixiebelle 8ss

-dirty cheater

Piglet 4ss

Piglet 4ss

Piglet 4ss

Bayou gremlin 3 ss

Bayou gremlin 3 ss

Lightning bug 5ss

The fun thing about old major is that, with corn husks, he can make any list focus on piglets and make play for information a breeze to score. I've tried old major and 3 piglets with all my masters and I like it most with Mah Tucket and Somer. Mah Tucket makes the pigs alot faster and easier to manage with her pushes while also making their melee better. Somer gives out suits, provides extra activations, has a decent pig-related upgrade, and can summon piglets in a pinch. With his upgrade, he can push all the pigs forward toward a Skeeter which used 1 AP to fly 10 inches. Trixiebelle can also push the pigs forward since they're non-gremlins. Hope this helps a bit, I love seeing pigs on the table.

• Thanks 1