Talking about shafts

izikial

Question

Hi. I may have asked somethibg similar during the beta but i feel like wording has changed on the prispector.

The mad with hunger condition from greed and the Talking about shafts ability from the prospector.

If the talking about shafts aoe is up and greed uses mad with hunger on a modle in that aoe and places a scheme marker, dose the enemy model:

Move to the marker, take the shaft damage, eat the maker and take the mad with hunger damage

Or

Move to the marker, eat it, no shaft effect

As a little side not. If the prospector used The"iv struck soulstone" ability to push them insted of the mad with hunger being the push would that chage the ability order?

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, izikial said:

Hi. I may have asked somethibg similar during the beta but i feel like wording has changed on the prispector.

The mad with hunger condition from greed and the Talking about shafts ability from the prospector.

If the talking about shafts aoe is up and greed uses mad with hunger on a modle in that aoe and places a scheme marker, dose the enemy model:

Move to the marker, take the shaft damage, eat the maker and take the mad with hunger damage

This is what happens because the two effects 'Mad With Hunger' and 'Talking About Shafts' don't happen at the same time.

Talking About Shafts is triggered by a model ending a move or push.

Mad With Hunger is triggered by a scheme marker being placed.

So placing the marker will trigger Mad With Hunger, and then during the resolution of Mad With Hunger the push will trigger the effects of Talking About Shafts.

That means that the model takes damage from Talking About Shafts first, then take the Mad With Hunger damage.

Whether this is all put in to motion by the Prospector placing the scheme marker (using an Interact or using I've Stuck Soulstone) doesn't change the resolution.

What gets used to place the marker (and who does it) would make a difference in choosing the order of pushes for Mad With Hunger, so it could make a difference on who takes the Talking About Shaft damage.