Mixing Fractions with Brewmaster

Drunken Monkey

Question

Hi everyone

I just started to play after a long time just admiring the models of Malifaux.

Brewmaster was my choice for a Leader and as i am a martial arts fan i would love to play him in ten thunders, where i also found his box in the shop. I mostly play miniature games with models i like the look of. So i got my first models Tanuki, Fermented River Monks, Shadow Effigy and of course the Closing Time Box without knowing their stats first. When i had my first look on the stat cards i was a little frustrated first because their Fractions don't match and after a little research on google i was completly confused.

As I understand the rules, you can not mix fractions but I found a lot of lists playing Brewmaster with Fingers, Wesley and sometimes Rivermonks, Tanukis or other Ten Thunders. Since Fingers and Wesley are not of the Ten Thunders Fraction nor is either one of them a Mercenary. Did I miss something in the rules here?

And an other question just arised. I had a look in the errata 2018 before and was wondering, what cost the Moonshine Shinobi is now. In the errate there is mentioned (-1) but i don't know, if there are allready new cards in a box you buy now. Or are there never new cards and you apply the errata always to the printed cost?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

You are correct that once you declare 10 Thunders, you are normally only allowed to hire 10 thunders models, which would not include a lot of Brewmaster's prefered kit.  You're missing a key part of the puzzle to making Brewmaster work in 10 Thunders though, his upgrade Running Tab.

Running Tab allows Brewmaster to hire any model with the Tri-Chi characteristic, regardless of faction.  That will get you Wesley, moonshinobi, and Fingers in your 10 Thunders list.

As to your question regarding errata.  You can print errata cards for free from the wyrd site here.  If you'd rather get professionally printed cards, you can get them from wargamevault.com.