Promises Made Upgrade

Marcusito

Question

4 answers to this question

When you're flipping a duel you're doing a duel that's the same as the stat you're using.

Fransisco attacks with his sword, Ml against opponent's Df. It's a Ml duel for Fransisco and Df duel for the opponent. Same if things get reversed, Fransisco is doing a Df duel and attacker is doing a Ml duel.

Promises doesn't buff Df duels so you don't get +flips when doing Df duels.

See page 24 small rulebook:

Duel Stat Types
Sometimes the rules will refer to duels by their relevant stat type, such as “Wp Duel.” This is a reference to the stat a model is using to make the duel, and it is specific to the model. For instance, when an Attack pits the Attacker’s Sh against a target’s Df, the Attacker is making a Sh duel, and the defender is making a Df duel.

31 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

When you're flipping a duel you're doing a duel that's the same as the stat you're using.

Fransisco attacks with his sword, Ml against opponent's Df. It's a Ml duel for Fransisco and Df duel for the opponent. Same if things get reversed, Fransisco is doing a Df duel and attacker is doing a Ml duel.

Promises doesn't buff Df duels so you don't get +flips when doing Df duels.

See page 24 small rulebook:

Ok, this seems to imply that when I use a CA against someone’s WP I’m in a CA duel so Promises wouldn’t apply and the defender is in a WP duel.

The short answer seems to be someone using promises would get positive flips for offensive MI attacks and positives for defense when resisting an opponents attack using WP if I’m interpreting your explaination correctly.  Seems an attacker can never be in a willpower duel only CA and MI duels.   A defender can only ever be in a DF, WP or sometimes a WK duel.

2 minutes ago, Marcusito said:

Seems an attacker can never be in a willpower duel only CA and MI duels.   A defender can only ever be in a DF, WP or sometimes a WK duel.

For the most part, yes. Pandora for example has an attack that uses Wp and is resisted by Wp. Zipp has an attack that is resisted by opponent's Ht. Most things attack with Ml, Sh or Ca and most things are resisted by Df or Wp.

25 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

For the most part, yes. Pandora for example has an attack that uses Wp and is resisted by Wp. Zipp has an attack that is resisted by opponent's Ht. Most things attack with Ml, Sh or Ca and most things are resisted by Df or Wp.

Thanks for the explaination.  I knew I was getting a little to excited for using Promises with CA actions versus WP.