UKGT

Adran

Starting this post to encourage me to finish my write ups of each game before I forget everything. 

There will be some errors in my memory, so apoligies for those. I aim to get all 7 games down over the next week or so

But here goes

Game 1

Guard the stash Vs George

Standard deployment Frame for murder Cerberus, hunting party.

Marcus (AR, Trail of the Gods)

War pig

Rogarou,

Jackalope

Arcane Effigy,

Blessed well rehersed

Cerberus Imbued energies

Arachind

KAeris (Grab and Drop, seize the day))

Steamfitter, Miner, Effigy, Johan, Child, Howard, angelica

I set up to allow the war pig to threaten 1 stash, and use the jackalope and arachnid to help control it. I was hoping for the effigy to hold the other one, and use the rest of the crew to disrupt. Turn one was cagy, and we held off our harder hitters to the end, as expected. I was able to gte Marcus into the group of 3 minions (Steam fitter, arcane effigy and union miner) which would then make hunting party easy.

Unfortuantly, I forgot that Eliminate was in the pool, and when I eventually lost initative in turn 2 (I flipped a ten, and the 4th card George flipped was an 11) Howard discarded imbued energies, nimbled into flurry range and went for 4 attacks against Marcus. I felt I could ss prevent to survive the attacks, but when the first 2 attacks both triggered decapitate, I let him die. I then allowed the war pig to charge Johan, but he missed his 3 attacks. Johan and Kaeris were able to kill the pig. The Cerberus went into Howard and was able to use his Maul trigger to remove him. The blessed went after the minions, and flipped the red joker damage on the Union miner, unfortuantly he was protected by re-enforced plate armour. We scored stash, putting me 4-1 down.

Turn 3 The steam arachnid hid from johan around the stash marker, surviving his one attack but unfortunately was knocked out the scoring zone.  The jackolope killed the malifaux child, Angelica killed the jackolope, but he was re-summoned Kaeris was able to kill the Cerberus by setting him on fire, and leaving him on 1 wound. Kaeris went for Grab and drop and was able to cheat the attack to only move careris and the Cerberus. The blessed managed to kill the union miner and attack the steam fitter. The rogarou was unable ti kill the arcane effigy.

I missed stash, we both scored hunting party.

Turn 4 The blessed managed to kill the steam fitter, and the rogarouand the arcane effigy between them were able to kill the arcane effigy. The spider was able to hide and survive johan, and I thought Ihad stash sorted, until Kaeris went, used her (0) and my jackolope to move intoplace to push my models out, and get her in to the stash. Stash for Kaeris, and hunting party for me

Turn 5 saw the spider die, and I couldn’t get a model into both stash areas. End of game 4-10

• Like 1

Game 2

Head hunter (leave your mark, frame for murder Carlos) – Corner deployment

Colette, Boris, Carlos, performer, wind, blessed, Amina Naida

Titania(-damage, Queens champion) Nekima Emissary Doppleganger, 2 cyclops, Primordial magic

I figured Colette was a good call for the interact game. I was hoping Boris (the slate ridge mauler), Carlos and the blessed could produce enough heads, and the don’t mind me of the performer would let me pick them up. I was trying out Amina for the first time, and thought she would nicely help protect weaker models. The cyclops were looking for a good game, Titania vs Colette-scheme marker heaven.

The Board was the plastercraft Circus. Titania went with creating 2 changlings with the Emissary and the cyclops moved forward to cast Ice walls and block off sight.

I moved several models into the cricuys ring in the middle ready for next turn, and the wing gamin and the Blessed went off to opposite corners to start leaving marks. After Colette went and moved Carlos into a position ready for next turn, Titania came out and did some damage to him, but I wasn’t too worried, he had armour and was going to heal at the end of the turn. The Nekima popped over the circus wall right at him, and killed him., becoming Queens champion.

Turn 2 The cyclops moved up and pinged all the scheme markers with their 0 action, (I think the  first one had 5 scheme markers in range. Nekima, with the aid of the queens champion was able to kill the slate ridge mauler in her activation. That hurt as it required flipping moderate damage on a double negative flip, and failure to do so would mean the mauler was on minimum damage 5, and I had the cards in hand to allow me 3 attacks on Nekima, in addition to prompt. Oh well. Colette, Amina and the performer huddled together, and spread out a little damage, managing to kill a cyclops. The wind gamin got tied up with a doppleganger, but the Blessed had more success and was able to get rid of one of the changling summoned.The Emissary came up to try and stop the Blessed scoring down that side. Titania was able to score claim jump and pick up a head. She tried to score last stand, but I pointed out that he outnumbered me, which he had missed on the scheme.

Turn 3 saw my group struggle, and take a bunch of attacks. Amina was able to Slow Nekima, and give my opponent a brief heart attack when I said Amina is going to Summons Nekima.  I managed to kill the primordial magic and drop a scheme marker with the blessed. The wind gamin failed to hurt a manipulative doppleganger (After it failed to leap away), so I wasn’t going to be able to score for his marker again. Titania was able to collect another head, and the cyclops spread out a decent amount of healing and damage thanks to the number of scheme markers about.

Turn 4 The performer managed a head, before nekima came in and managed to kill her (reactivating Colette) and then bleed on Colette twice to kill her ( I was out of stones having kept her alive last turn).  Opponent offerd to call it there, but I went for the 5th turn, and the Blessed managed to get the emissary down to 1 wound, so not enough to allow me to score a head and a leave your mark, which would have got close to a draw.

I hadn’t faced Titania or the cyclops before, and I built a slightly anti interact list, but his crew didn’t need to interact to drop markers which didn’t help. I over extended Carlos on turn 1, but had completely forgotten about Nekima (I’m used to the huge metal, rather than the small plastic). I didn’t fully realise how annoying Cyclops could be with that many scheme markers, and was unlucky for the death of the Slate ridge, and I think he had a decent chance of making a huge difference that turn if he survived. Amina was a bit of an enigma. She didn’t really give me the control I was hoping for, but a lot of that was due to the force she faced. I’ll try her again at some point, and she if she performs how I think she should.

• Like 1

Game 3

Interference -  Undercover entourage Firestarter, Claim jump.

Ironsides (discard for adrenaline, free adrenalin, warding runes) 3 mages, Raptor, Firestarter (warding runes Imbued energies), Union miner, performer, steam fitter, Spider.

Kaeris 3 mages, Killjoy, McTavish 2 raptors

The Table had a lareg river running across both deployment zones, splitting it into 2 halfs.

I though Ironsides would be good for interference as she ought to tie up a lot of the enemy. We both picked Raptors as great ways to change the  interference numbers. I was hoping the trio of mages would be able to hold a quarter and still effect the game. I was lucky enough to win the set up flip, and saw the otehrside had Kaeris and the 3 mages one side, and McTavish on the other side of the river. I set my forces up so the bulk of my force faced the bulk of his force, and the fire starter was hoping to hide behind forests on McTavishes side to keep him safe.

Turn one went to plan, some cagy advances from each side (we both started off sending the raptor into the air), but my number advantage and the ability of the crew to move unactivated models meant that I was able to get first blood, one of my mages reached range to one of his, and forced him back from his line.

Birds appeared, I think I kept mine hidden whilst his tied up my Spider that was trying to run for it, and my performer on the same side but back a bit from the Ironside and mage group.

Turn 2. I didn’t want to kill his birds because then I’d have a killjoy to deal with. So I started by letting my raptor fly. McTavish then managed to go after my most advanced mage, and nearly kill him. So I went with him and was able to kill a mage myself. He decided to not bring out Killjoy.

He retaliated by killing my activated mage. Kaeris went and was able to summon a Fire gamin from the death of a mage. He was able to kill my injured mage and get another mage to the point Kaeris could kill it and summon a fire gamin. I sent Ironsides into his group to try and tie them all up. He was able to kill the gamin and summon killjoy. I made sure to engage him (with miner) to prevent the cheap charge. Spider was unable to kill the raptor, as was the performer. Steam fitter managed to drop a marker for claim jump as did fire starter. After my bird landed to engage McTavish I held 2 quarters to his 1. Score 2-0

Turn 3 Ironside laid into the mages and Kaeris. But not very well. I was able to kill 1 mage, but couldn’t land a blow on Kaeris. I still haven’t quit mastered the art of when to go for the bonus (2) attack, and when to still hold adrenaline, so went for it with a low ml score of 5, and missed Kaeris. Who wnet and took out my last mage. Killjoy was able to take out the Union Miner, but only then engage the performer, who in turn was unable to paralyse him. McTavish was unable to hurt the bird engaged with him, and the bird was able to bit him back. My spider failed to escape his own Raptor, but also the Raptor failed to hurt him. Fire starter scored Claim jump by himself.

The only unengaged models were the steam fitter and the Fire starter.

Score 4-0

Turn 4 Killjoy killed the performer, Mctavish failed to kill the Raptor, but this time the Spider succeeded in killing its own bird issue. Ironsides killed the last Mage and came up to drop a scheme marker.

Game was ending this turn so Kaeris and the Fire starter both made dashes for the enemy deployment. All Kaeris forces were in 1 quarter except McTavish who was still engaged.

End score 8 -3.

I can’t remember what other Scheme Kaeris was doing, but McTavsh’s failure to kill a raptor all game basically gave all the interference points to me. I took my own time to kill his raptors, but they were tying up cheap models (spider and performer). Ironsides didn’t really do as much as I was hoping, but then she probably did more than Kaeris in terms of point scoring. All 6 mages dies fairly quickly, and provided no real bonus for my Warding runes. The Injured Mages under Handpicked men are a scary threat, but not with huge durability.

Game 4

Extraction Take prisoner Queeg, exhaust their forces. Corner Deployment

Rasputina (Ice golem summoning, and ml attack, Decembers pawn)

2 Gamin, Steamfitter, Blessed, Acolyte wendigo, Silent one

Sonnia, Queeg 2 thralls, papa, effigy, child Austringer.

This was played at the end of a long day, so I think I was going for some light relief. My aim this game was to summon Ice golems. I’m a big fan of the ice golem anyway, in games where I need to hold a point. As long as my opponent doesn’t ignore their armour, then they normally stick around quite a while. Unfortuantly, Df2 means most attacks will hit them, and almost always be at cheatable damage flips. So I wasn’t too happy to see Sonnia on the other side.

I took the steam fitter to gain me scrap, and I possibly should look carefully at the ability to deny severe flips…

Turn 1 I didn’t realise quite how many pushes the Witchling thrulls with Queeg  give Sonnia.

She was able to be pushed past the Acolyte window in 1 Queegs activation, which ruined my first turn plan of slowing her. On the up side I had the black joker and a high tomes in hand, so Ice golem 1 was looking promising. Possibly even 2. Sonnia went and killed one of my Gamin so there was even 2 scrap around for me to use. I ended up using the acolyte to target one of the thrulls, causing card discard and slow. The Blessed went on a flanking run to get to the brutal and the child. I ended up summoning 1 golem and keeping much of my force away from the rest of it, and hoping for cover from Sonnia.

Turn 2 saw more of the same, Sonnia was able to get buffed by the effigy, and pushed into a better spot, and able to start killing a little more of my crew (bye bye summoned golem). My Acolyte went down, but took a thull with him. Wendigo got to make Decembers curse attack hurting Papa. Blessed went after effigy, and got it down to hard to kill.  We both scored extraction, but I had the more models so moved the marker far enough away to take his 2 out of the bubble.

Turn 3 Blessed decided instead to go for Sonnia rather than finish the effigy. Unfortuantly she was able to survive the onslaught despite the bonus damage and attacks the blessed got through triggers. Sonnia then proceeds to get the buff from the effigy and smacks the Blessed about, healing almost all the damage back as well as drawing cards to replace what was spent trying to keep Sonnia alive.

Rasputina summoned a golem, who started to try and boss the extraction site, blocking the easy route to it, which at least forced the guild forces to move to score.

Turn 4 summoned a 3rd Golem and tried to once again keep the guild away from the informant. I actually started to exhust some guild people, and the death of Papa caused quit a large explosion.

Last turn saw two very reduced forces, but still enough to battle over the informant. Sonnia and Rasputina were both still kicking, as was Queeg, but unfortunately he was right next to a witchlin thrull, so to score any prisoner points I would need to shift that thrull. In the end I was un able to do so, but the attempts to kill it saw lots of explosions happen (Shooting into combat with Ice Golems can cause that) and the final death of the Ice golem killed Queeg off as well.

Game ended as a win to Sonnia, but lots of death and cranage all around. We both scored fully for extraction, but I did badly on schemes, losing take prisoner, and only exhausting one guild lacky. I did manage to summon 3 Ice golems, and have 2 of them walking around the extraction marker on that last turn. And if I wasn’t against someone hoping to hit severe on their attacks to maximise the blasts, that would have been a good thing.

I erred in my target selection and probably ought to have tried to get the blessed into Sonnia a turn earlier, or waited until she had activated, but the sheer amount of healing that she gets in Ml stopped me. A turn of ranged blasting that might have hurt her then going in also might have worked. I think I went into the game too tired to build a game plan to win, and executed this lack of plan perfectly. I was outplayed, but had fun.

Game 5

Collect the bounty, Corner Deployment.   Dig their graves, claim jump

Marcus (Venomancy, +df, Imbued energies)

Myranda (Imbued)

Scorpius, rattler, Poison gamin, canine remains, Shikome, Boris.

Seamus, Copycat, sybelle, 2 belles doxy, nurse, necropunk

I was interested in trying the Poison build, and this seems a good start to it. Boris is in their as a hard to kill minion. I was hoping the poison damage would weaken the enemy, making them easier to kill when I wanted to for the bounty points.

I sent Boris and the canine remains 1 way, and the bulk of my forces the other way. Seamus used Sybelle and the belles to Lure an activated Myranda into them, but her Df 7 was enough to keep her safe.  Marcus rushed forward (Charging my own models for maximum move) and Alpha’d her, and she then was able to poison Sybelle and one of the belles.

Turn 2, Seamus and the copycat killer went after Boris and managed to kill him.

Marcus went after Sybelle, but largely fluffed his attacks. The Nurse managed to effectively paralyse Marcus and Myranda (a combination of paralyse, and can only take walk and interact actions).

The poison Gamin, Shikome and Scorpius moved up towards the fight and the Canine remains hid in a woods to try and drop markers for Claim jump.

Rattler went and Poisoned Seamus.

Turn 3, Seamus got into a position that meat his sinster Rep effected almost my whole crew. Shikome used its 0 to Adversary from outside the Aura and then charge him for 1. Managed to seriously hurt Seamus, but they manage to lure my poison gamin away, to heal Seamus, and stop me exploding him for the kill.

Turn 4 Shikome put Seamus down to hard to kill and removed his hat, but coul not kill him. I went with the Scorpius next, but got greedy, and instead of killing the copycat killer with my 0, I went for the kill on Seamus, cheated to pass my horror duel, and then Seamus chose to do his damage to me from do you know who I am, and then cheated in the severe card to kill me. I’d forgotten it was just a damage flip, with no modifiers, so it was cheatable. Oh well. From then on I knew I was in real trouble. Myranda managed to activate, and turned into a Blessed for the paralysis protection. The Carrion effigy was able to remove that protection, but not enough to stop me using the blessed.

Turn 5. The blessed went to town and killed Seamus. Marcus killed off the belles and Sybelle.

Alas it was all too little too late and Seamus managed to get the win. I would say the nurse was easily the MVP of the game. I know how hard they are when they are ignored, and I still ignored her. She roughly denied Marcus and Myranda 3 turns each.  That really scuppered my plans. The copycat killer killing the Slateridge mauler in turn 2 also made a mess of my line.

I can't remember his schemes, but he out bounties for at least 2 turns, I possibly managed claim jump once. 

I had tried a scorpinus before, with not much success, but this seemed to be more promising. It probably wanst to scrum, and I’m not sure if it can really survive in that sort of game, but it did alright in survival here. I failed to get markers down, and probably should have hired a Performer for “don’t mind me” as well as “sirens call”.

Game 6

Stake a claim, covert breakthrough, undercover entourage (marcus).

Marcus

Jackalop, Spawn mother, Silurid, Gupps, wind gamin, Blessed(well rehersed), Cerberus (imbued).

Lilith, Nekima, primordial, dopple, Graves, Johan

Stake a claim almost always sees me bring out my flying squad it seems. It’s a great use of the Spawn mother, both to boost my Leaps and provide extra cheap models to control the claim. It looks like I’m up against a version of the Neverborn allstars, so I’ll try and control positioning.

I’m back on the Circus table, but from the other side. Must remember that there is a Nekima around…

Turn 1 saw we put blessed and silurid near the spawn mother, and move that up to drop an egg, and keep them having a long range. I sent a wind gamin up 1 flank, and a gupps up the other, with Marcus and the Cerberus together. Doppleganger pushes Johan and Nekima forward, the Graves does some pushing as well.

We play cagy about the middle until the Lilith activation where he switches the actvated spawn mother with the unactivated Johan, and my Cerberus leaps in and removes Johan. Nekima makes short work of the Spawn mother in return, giving me a second Gupps.

Turn 2 I start off by dropping a claim marker with my gupp on 1 flank, and Nekima runs off and kills it. Lilith Goes in after Marcus, but careful use od Defend me and Stones keeps him alive. Lilith then drops a forest to deny Marcus line of sight. The cerbeus then jumps in and a vicious set of three headed flips kills Lilith, but badly hurts the Cerberus thanks to all that Black blood.

Graves goes after the blessed, and moves her away from Marcus, but fails to kill her. Silurid, Gupps 2 and Wind gamin do a combination of scheme dropping, claim dropping and attacking the primordial magic. Blessed managed to escape and kill doppleganger.

Turn 3

Nekima returns and kills the Cerberus. Graves almost kills Blessed, but well rehearsed keeps it alive. Marcus runs away. Blessed kills Graves. Gupps kills magic, but then I realise its non-peon to allow it to summon a silurid. Wind gamin drops scheme, silurid drops some schemes

Turn 4, Nekima kills the blessed, Marcus runs further away, everything else gets into blocking position.

Turn 5, Nekima can’t reach Marcus.  2 points for undercover entourage, 3 for cover breakthrough and 4 for stake a claim. I clear win for me, although Marcus spent 3 turns on his last wound. I did have the cards to probably land a Law of meat on Nekima, but she could still try and bleed on me, so it didn’t seem worth the risk to try and kill her. There were a couple of mistakes form my opponent,  he mis-read tangle shadows but I think I would have probably had a similar outcome with out that. Nekima spending a turn out killing a Gupps was probably want allowed me to control the rest of the game. Lilith shouldn’t have died to the Cerberus, but with Marcus also just their she ought to have died that turn.

Game 7

Reckoning, Tail ‘em, eliminate the leadership

Ramos

Brass Arachnid, Howard (well rehersed), Rail Golem (imbued energies), steamfitter, mobile toolkit, Large arachnid

Wong

Sammy, Burt Magical), Gracie Saddle), Stuffed pig, Iron Skeetar, swinecursed, old Cranky.

I was surprised to see how many activations gremlins had, but it was still fewer than I was hoping for.

I got a great first hand, and used the steam fitter to create scrap. The Brass arachnid gave himself tomes and re-activate. Ramos was able to summon 3 spiders, and in an attempt to counter, Wong moved several members of his crew and put them on defensive stance. I managed to out activate and decided that I would rather send my forces in 1 at a time, and only reactivated howard rather than both. Unfortuantly Howard was not able to charge in his first actiovation, and since I only had 2 high rams I decided to not flurry. I hadn’t realised Wong had enough cards in hand that decapitate trigegrs were ineffective.

Turn 2 Burt charges Howard, but thanks to well rehersed Howard lived on 1 wound. Howard them flurried Wong and got him down to 2 wounds. Wong was able to kill howard. Gracie moved to block the main route. To me my opponent seemed to be setting up to try and survive the reactivating Rail golem. Unfortunately, my hand of 5 cards did not contain a 10 or higher, and none of Wongs activations had ended with a 10 for my steam fitter to draw. Instead I summoned a spider with Ramos, and starterd to bring them into the mess.

Turn 3, I was trying to work out a way to shift Gracie to allow the rail golem to break into the gremlins, and make the most of the Min 5 locomotive attacks, so used the large arachnid instead. Burt then activated and Killed the Rail golem. SO here we are at the start of turn 3, I’ve not killed anything, and both of my big hitters are dead.

I manged to kill Gracie, and the iron skeeter (thank you Magnitism), and then Wong with electrical fire. The Spiders were able to lower Burts df enough that they could kill him once they were joined into a swarm thanks to a handy reactivated spider.

Turn 4 I was able to tail Sammy, and he realised he couldn’t keep him hidden so started killing as much of his own stuff as he could to try and deny me the points, but I think I was able to still score 2 kills. (The swine cursed was killed by a charging Brass arachnid)

Turn 5 with only Old Cranky left he tried to hide, but Ramos was able to magnitise to his own spiders and kill him.

I managed a narrow win 6-4 I think, and the gamble just about paid off.

I over relied on Armour, which meant that the choice of Wong, and 2 armour ignoring big hitters was pretty good for him. I think I got lucky with Howard, as we may have forgotten Burts amour ignoring on his attacks, and if I had Imbueded energies instead he would have charged turn 1 and then probably flurried with the re-activate, hopefully making a much bigger dent. Rail Golem managed to never attack, which was My fault, but at least the threat of him held up the gremlins for turn 2.

• 2 weeks later...

All games up. Some I remember better than others (ones I win are strangely more memorable), but the weekend was a fun weekend. I am a little disappointed in my end result (66 out of 109) but I only got broken promises a week before hand, and hadn't played for a few months, so 3 wins and 4 losses could have been a lot worse. And I enjoyed all the games so thank you to all my opponents. 

There is certainty a lot of interesting changes from the new upgrades. prehaps because I was at the lower end I didn't see the "power" but I thought they looked fun. I enjoyed Venom Marcus and Summoning Tina, but they could have done with me being more familiar with how they ought to work. I can certainly see me using these styles later. Ironsides still doesn't quite fit my style yet, but she is getting there. 

Next time I think I'll try and write down what happened in less than 3 weeks, but 7 games is going to take me time and its a lot to remember. 

Hope you enjoyed reading

On 11/30/2017 at 7:31 AM, Adran said:

Game 4

Extraction Take prisoner Queeg, exhaust their forces. Corner Deployment

Rasputina (Ice golem summoning, and ml attack, Decembers pawn)

2 Gamin, Steamfitter, Blessed, Acolyte wendigo, Silent one

Sonnia, Queeg 2 thralls, papa, effigy, child Austringer.

Turn 1 I didn’t realise quite how many pushes the Witchling thrulls with Queeg  give Sonnia.

Just curious but what are they doing to push Sonnia?