The whisper and shrug off

silentarcher00

I have two necromancers in the group I'm currently running as 2nd edition. Am liking some of the changes but as always something pops up that I feel needs to be popped onto the forum.

The whisper allows you to add immuto but gain the crazy condition in the process. My issue is that this downside can be pretty much nullified by the Shrug off talent if the pc discards a card as a 0 action. Anyone have any ideas on how to maybe Cuddle this a bit?

3 minutes ago, silentarcher00 said:

I have two necromancers in the group I'm currently running as 2nd edition. Am liking some of the changes but as always something pops up that I feel needs to be popped onto the forum.

The whisper allows you to add immuto but gain the crazy condition in the process. My issue is that this downside can be pretty much nullified by the Shrug off talent if the pc discards a card as a 0 action. Anyone have any ideas on how to maybe Cuddle this a bit?

It showed up in playtest, but after some initial worries, everyone was more or less okay with Shrug Off being able to remove Crazy. The character still has to meet the TNs for the added immuto, and clearing the Condition every turn proved to be very rough on the character's hand. Plus, every turn that the character is using Shrug Off to remove Crazy is a turn that she isn't removing a different Condition or using a different (0) Action.

Just sitting on your Crazy and removing it after a battle is a viable strategy, but your Willpower, Mental Skill, and non-Necromancy duel totals are going to drop pretty quick in the meantime.

If it still proves to be a concern, I'd just rule that you can't shrug off crazy. It seems to be the simplest solution.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, silentarcher00 said:

Ok well I will give it a go, especially seeing as the chemist is managing to poison pretty much everyone each turn and he'll either have to shrug off poison or crazy. Might need to throw some more combat centering checks in to make it interesting with the negatives to mental checks

Maybe some Manipulative or Terrifying enemies?

Let us know how it goes!

• Like 2

Another thing that can throw them for a loop if they are not careful is things that stops them from taking their (0) actions.  Such as having some NPC with Martial Arts Lv3+ gain the Chi Block trigger from the trigger section or creatures like the Abomination that has Caustic Aura that prevents (0) actions.  Or even a character with a skill like Mr. Tannen's Cooler but rather than discard to cheat it forces them to discard to use a (0) action.  I would not say fill your game with stuff like this but don't be afraid to throw them a curveball if they rely on it to much.  More so if an enemy ever escapes after seeing them in action, valuable information that can be used by the NPCs to plot and plan to face the Fated.

• Like 2