McMourning - 30SS ress list. What to buy to play McMourning Guild?

Mårten

So, a friend of mine has bought this game and has tried getting me to play it.

Well, it's happening on Tuesday and I have bought some stuff used (see picture).

I was initially set on playing Guild but the price for this stuff was so low I decided to start with it.  So 3 questions:

1. Please advise on 30/35ss builds.

and

2. What should I buy if I wanna play McMourning Guild as effectively as possible? How much retail will it cost me?

Thanks in advance

mc.png

Guild McMourning absolutely loves the brutal effigy (Guild's effigy): every faction has one so you always get a cheap durable scheme runner, and brutal's specific buff is amazing for McMourning. But the effigy box is only a single model, so for getting up to full 50ss game size as quickly as possible, another Guild crew box (to make up for being unable to hire the canine remains and flesh construct into Guild) is probably best. The classic answer is Perdita's box so McMourning gets his bodyguard in Francisco along with some specialized other models. Nellie's box is full of useful models too that work well with each other if not offering much to McMourning himself; the good doctor can use the Guild half of the starter set for thematic medical models and that's a box often split and sold separately; Hoffman's box will offer durable models to counterpoint the fragility of Guild McMourning and company (but after that you will be buying only Guild constructs for awhile to support them both, which I have quite enjoyed, but it is more limiting.) To get to a full size Guild McMourning crew will cost one crew box's cost, either in one crew box or three separate smaller boxes (brutal effigy and two others).

I swear by hiring both nurses. It's rare that you want to double up on hiring minions but they always work. Plus they are priority targets and if you take only one you may quickly lose it. :P The zombie chihuahua will die quickly but as long as it farted poison on something before it died, fine.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mårten said:

So to get a "perfect" McMourning Guild crew I need 2-3 guild boxes and a single box in the Brutal Effigy?

Not quite. One crew box will get you a full McMourning crew. I think that a 'perfect' crew would be brutal effigy + two non-crew boxes, but there's different opinions of what else to use with him besides the effigy. I like one exorcist, but most people don't. Some use witchling thralls (yet to be released, so they use the book stats with modified executioner models). Some use executioners. Some use witchling stalkers. Some use a peacekeeper (which is extra expensive and probably not a good buy when you're just starting the game, unless you really love giant stompybots). Some use performers which you can hire as mercenaries. Some buy the alternate sculpt of Francisco Ortega at the price of a non-crew box, and skip buying Perdita's box.

Guild McMourning wants to use his scalpels and rancid transplant in the middle of a group of enemies, using the brutal effigy buff to heal 1 for every enemy he just hurt. He doesn't use poison the way you will as a Resser. Poison is a nice bonus, not the focus of his high cards.

13 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Not quite. One crew box will get you a full McMourning crew. I think that a 'perfect' crew would be brutal effigy + two non-crew boxes, but there's different opinions of what else to use with him besides the effigy. I like one exorcist, but most people don't. Some use witchling thralls (yet to be released, so they use the book stats with modified executioner models). Some use executioners. Some use witchling stalkers. Some use a peacekeeper (which is extra expensive and probably not a good buy when you're just starting the game, unless you really love giant stompybots). Some use performers which you can hire as mercenaries. Some buy the alternate sculpt of Francisco Ortega at the price of a non-crew box, and skip buying Perdita's box.

Guild McMourning wants to use his scalpels and rancid transplant in the middle of a group of enemies, using the brutal effigy buff to heal 1 for every enemy he just hurt. He doesn't use poison the way you will as a Resser. Poison is a nice bonus, not the focus of his high cards.

Thanks.

Seems from a fun perspective it is then better to buy a crew box since that will you give something else to play as well (even though McMourning might be a little less optimized).

Do you have a decent 30ss crew I could build from what I have?