Hoping to start TtB

Four_N_Six

So my friends and I do Pathfinder every week, and have been for years (we take breaks for other games here or there, but Pathfinder is the primary one).  I've been trying to get them interested in TtB for a while now (half are on board), but some of us seem a little hesitant to learn a new set of RPG rules.

So two questions, really.

Are there any good Penny Dreadful or one-shot scenarios to get them eased into the game system?  Maybe one that's more on the role playing aspect and less on combat and tests until they get their feet wet?

Secondly, I'm debating on waiting for this new event to start to suggest it.  Not necessarily to rope them in to participating in the event, but more so that I can just have the pre-made characters for them and not make them design their own until they're all interested in actually playing the game for a longer period.

45 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

Secondly, I'm debating on waiting for this new event to start to suggest it.  Not necessarily to rope them in to participating in the event, but more so that I can just have the pre-made characters for them and not make them design their own until they're all interested in actually playing the game for a longer period.

I think the upcoming event would be a good entry point. We've got quick-start rules in there to help everyone get going with some streamlined rules, and the pregenerated characters cover a wide variety of archetypes in order to show off what the system can do. If you go this route, just make sure that they end up with at least one combat characters and at least one social character (which is generally a good rule of thumb for most adventures).

• Like 2