Guild Starter Finished!

case.card

That tie is priceless. I can just see Heartsbane shyly handing him a box with a whispered, "Happy Birthday," and fleeing before he has a chance to open it. When he does, he thinks, "Good gods, that's ugly, but... she gave it to me, so..." and it thusly became his favorite tie to wear around the workplace as he chainsaws open skulls and tries to keep a handle on the ever-increasing numbers of madmen in Malifaux. 

The one thing that bothers me about the starter box mini was the lack of a connection between Heartsbane's shock paddle and her box. I added a wire myself, but I can understand why people don't. Maybe it's up her sleeves and down her shirt?

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, folks!  They always help keep those brushes a-going!

On 1/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, iamfanboy said:

The one thing that bothers me about the starter box mini was the lack of a connection between Heartsbane's shock paddle and her box. I added a wire myself, but I can understand why people don't. Maybe it's up her sleeves and down her shirt?

I thought about this too, but as the model is intended to be handled on a regular by strangers, I thought it would be best to keep it in it's original (and least fragile!) form!  What kind of wire did you end up using?

On 1/1/2017 at 5:15 PM, Nikodemus said:

You properly captured that horrid looking hospital green.

Thank you for noticing!  Fortunately it wasn't too hard:

1. Base with Army Painter Wizards Orb
  2. Wash with AP Green Tone
  3. Reclaim with AP Wizards Orb
  4. Highlight  AP Wizards Orb + AP Elemental Bolt (50/50)
  5. Highlight AP Elemental Bolt
  6. Line Highlight AP Kraken Skin

On 1/2/2017 at 5:14 PM, case.card said:

I thought about this too, but as the model is intended to be handled on a regular by strangers, I thought it would be best to keep it in it's original (and least fragile!) form!  What kind of wire did you end up using?

Paper clip, actually - one of the small ones that also come coated in plastic so it's even thinner. It requires some bending with a pair of pliers to look natural, but is really resilient to external pressure.

uc?export=download&id=0Bw6Rp8AlWaZ7YUdDd

• Like 2