Pandora, how to play, whom to add?

Frozen Feet

Hey, Mindfreaks,

I am interested in Neverborn.

Especially in Lilith and Pandora.

-So when i want to play a highly competetive Pandora Crew, what do i have to mention??

-Which models i have to play?

-What is your favoured playstyle on Pandora

-How could a general 50SS list look like

Regards,

Tobi aka Frozen Feet

1 hour ago, Frozen Feet said:

-So when i want to play a highly competetive Pandora Crew, what do i have to mention??

-Which models i have to play?

-What is your favoured playstyle on Pandora

-How could a general 50SS list look like

I'll start off but there will be more to add I'm sure:

Basically there are two styles of Pandora that your going to want to play based on the VP conditions - 

1. Voices upgrade pandora
  2. The Box opens pandora 

1. Voices is more of a support role where you are using voices to paralyze and incite to control opponent
 - if you are going with this your playing at range and your crew might look like:
 - nekima / prime mag / insideous madness / candy / doppleganger / change up the minions depending on VPs

2. Box Pandora wants to be in your face and trys to bring a sorrow or two along with her to deal additional damage
- nekima(maybe teddy or another beater) / prime mag / 2 sorrows(misery) / widow weaver (-wp) / doppleganger 
- with this style i find it helps to take aether connection and lots of stones to protect her

Both are fun ways to play and highly depend on VPs conditions - overall though I prefer voices Pandora

• Like 1

Pandora can be very independent of her crew so a mixture of generally good models and models that work well for the s&s are good. She's quite versatile so you're best served by learning when to do what. Some of the things you want to do with her are to:

Abuse fading memories nonstop to push her into a position where she will waste the enemy's ap (ie at a range of 2.1" vs an enemy with a 2" melee range or directly behind a model to block l.o.s when she's being shot at)

Paralyze crucial models (especially Masters) at inconvenient (for them) times

Spam inflict in a crowd of enemies to do massive damage and drain the opponent's hand (bonus if combined with box opens and fears given form)

Use incite and doppelganger so that you can hit with your best models before your opponent has a chance to hit back with theirs at the beginning of a turn

Use self loathing to kill expensive high damage low wp enforcers in a single activation  

Engage models to prevent them from interacting and getting to where they need to go to score vp

Some of the best stuff to take with her:

Pandora with either a voices, aether connection, wings of darkness loadout for more control or a box opens and two out of fears given form, wings of darkness and aether connection for more disruption

Some best in faction NB models like doppelganger, nekima, primordial magic

S&S appropriate models eg.) waldgeists for holding and denying, scheme runners for dropping markers (don't get suckered into thinking you have to take sorrows or madnesses because of wp synergy, choose the right one for the board, your list and s&s) etc.

Support models that fit your desired goals lilitu is great to drag them into your lines, graves is great to deliver pandora into theirs, johan for condition removal etc.

An example of a strong list for, say, turf war with several marker reliant schemes:

Pandora (either set of upgrades depending on playstyle)

Nekima

Doppelganger

Primordial Magic

Lilitu

Waldgeist

Terror Tot

Madness

5-6 cache

That being said, while Malifaux does have a vibrant competitive scene it isn't really a game that's played highly competitively (if highly competitively is meant in the same way that, say, Chess, Poker and Starcraft are played highly competitively) so I don't think anyone is really in a position to offer advice of that type. 

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Some lists

Pandora, The Box Opens/Voices, Aether Connection, Fears Given Form/Wings of Darkness. Cache 5-6.
Prim Magic
Nekima
Widow Weaver/Mr Graves
Doppelganger
Sorrow/Iggy/Insidious Madness
Changeling x2/-x1 + Mysterious Effigy.

Pandora, The Box Opens/Voices, Aether Connection, Fears Given Form/Wings of Darkness. Cache 5-6.
Prim Magic
Nekima, maybe +1 1ss upggrade
Widow Weaver
Doppelganger, maybe +1 1ss upgrade
Mysterious Effigy

Pandora, Cry for Me, Voices, On Wings of Darkness. Cache 5-6*
Prim Magic
Nekima, maybe 1ss upgrade.
Widow Weaver, Handbag.
Doppelganger, maybe 1ss upgrade.
Sorrow
Will O' The Wisp x2

*This isn't a optimal crew, but its quite fun since nearly all models can paralyze.

• Like 2

I recommend playing the "brawler" Pandora list at least once, because it's hilarious.

It's also a great list for making you intensely aware of the range of auras.  You're working to get Pandora in range, the Sorrows in range, someone with Fears Given Form in range, etc, but also keep things alive.

The best thing about the style is that you're doing a ton of single damage attacks.  Every time something fails a WP duel, if it's in the right place, it's taking 2-4 points of damage, 1 point at a time (which bypasses armor, hard to kill, etc).  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...