Agram Arena Summer 2014 International Malifaux Tournament, Zagreb 19&20 July 2014

Demonn Agram

Dear friends!

It is time for another (12th annual) Agram Arena Summer Tournament!

We are in the second decade of organizing Arena events and this year's Agram Arena Summer is going to be held over two weekends:

12-13th of July 2014 - 40K International tournament + Black Queen International hobby and miniature painting competition

19-20th of July 2014 -Malifaux International tournament + Demo Games / Open play (Infinity and LOTR SBG on Saturday 19th; Flames of War and Warmachine on Sunday 20th)

Location: MS "Cvjetni trg", Miskecov prolaz 3, Zagreb, Croatia.

Entry: FREE!

Refreshing drinks for all players will be free during the tournaments.

Accommodation for Saturday night is also free for the 1st-time-comers (read more in the rules)!

Lunch is available at the price of 75 Kn (around 10 Euro) for both days (= 5 Euro/day)!

Check out the tournament rules & other info:

Combo rules (40K, BQ & Malifaux)

Official languages of the tournament will be English and Croatian!

40K - from 1st of June to 05th of July
Black Queen - from 18th of June to 05th of July (not neccessary - see the rulespack)
Malifaux - from 1st of June to 14th of July
Demo Games / Open Play - from 14th of July to 18th of July
(you can find guidelines on registration in the rules (check out the above link))!

If you need any other information please contact us at ums.agram@gmail.com or GSM +385 91 7620584

Start your summer holidays in one of World's favourite tourist destination - Croatia, by participating in free International tournament!

Welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we have been busy gathering sponsors, and so far these are  the international companies and stores signed up to sponsor this event:

Figure Painter Magazine

Figone

Secret Weapon Miniatures

Battlefield Berlin

Infamy Miniatures

Phlegyas Art

Micro Art Studio

Hangar 18 Miniatures

we are waiting on answers from some other companies as well... (Wyrd being one of them :) )

the prize fund for Malifaux tournament (as well as other events) is great, with quite chunky voucher codes in Wyrd on line store guaranteed for the winners and some other cool prizes and a swag bag for every participant supplied by the club and our generous sponsors despite this tournament being free of charge!

yes, you read it fine, it's free of charge. what's more - we even provide one night accommodation free of charge for all first time comers to one of our events! All you need to do is show up with your painted crews. and have fun!!

10151317_10203655978659376_8590515584871

so to take this opportunity, I'd like to remind you guys of what the Malifaux event looked like these last couple of years:

1016.jpg

DSC_0073_zpsfdb136e1.jpg

DSC_0130_zps0a7e41e7.jpg

1060.jpg

1013446_10201642157475105_346727693_n.jp

1020.jpg

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!

if you have any questions, feel free to contact me here on PM, or write an email to: mailto:ums.agram@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well, the 40k tournament and the Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition is over... Malifaux tournament is all that is left...

here are some of the winning entries and honourable mentions from this year's Black Queen (loads of cool Wyrd minis present this year...):

1.place - Unit

10560297_10204369592779283_4385436713982

10482941_10204369592059265_3451422192861

1537864_10204369592699281_26722099393835

10298693_10204369592259270_6469701460965

1470211_10204369591979263_16549357756463

10469158_10204369593299296_6539573566149

People's Choice & 1. place in Diorama/Duel

10553831_10204369592619279_1104672884058

and finally 1. place in Masterclass category and Best of Wyrd winner (you might recognise it also...)

10245421_10204369592339272_224013290800010505291_10204369591419249_9173389450708

• Like 1

Agram Arena Summer 2014 Report

July in Zagreb is always time for wargaming extravaganza. UMS "Agram" has been organizing an annual event called Agram Arena Summer for twelve years running. This year, we organized this event to stretch over two weekends.

On July 12th and 13th as the first part of Agram Arena Summer, UMS "Agram" organized two parallel competitions, an international Warhammer 40.000 tournament and Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting competition. Players and painters from Croatia and many neighbouring and not-so-neighbouring countries like Slovenia, Serbia, Austria, Germany, UK and Poland attended this year's competition.

40k01.jpg

40k05.jpg

Frederic "Athenys" Eysell from Germany and one of the main 40k referees on the upcoming European Team Championship (ETC 2014):
At Agram Arena Summer everyone is a winner! The amount and quality of prizes is astonishing and the fact, that this is a free tournament makes it almost unbelievable… Honestly, if someone would ask you: „Would you like to go to a free tournament? The Top 3 prizes and best painted army AND best overall have a combined worth of about 400(?)€, oh yeah…there are gonna be prizes for ALL participants as well….and free catering as well… for both days!“ This person must have a damn good reason to say no. I was happy to see a nicely mixed crowd on AAS, too. Slovenians, Serbians, Austrians, a German and Croatians in a ratio of about 50:50…really nice!

Final Results of the 40k tournament:

• 1. Domagoj Mitrović, CRO
  • 2. Igor Uzelac, SRB
  • 3. Frederic Eysell, GER
  • Best Painted Army: Frederic Eysell, GER

40k06.jpg

While the battle in the 41st millenium raged in one part of the hall, the other was reserved for the more quiet part of the event - the painting competition. It was judged by our pannel of judges over several categories, and as usual, all of our visitors and participants could decide one of the prestigious awards - the People's Choice Award.

bq04.jpg

bq07.jpg

Final Results of the Black Queen Hobby and Miniature Painting Competition:
Single Miniature:

• 1. Wojciech Tekielski, POL (Viruk)
  • 2. Domagoj Mitrović, CRO
  • 3. Vilim Pokupec, AUT

Large/Mounted Miniature:

• 1. Domagoj Mitrović, CRO
  • 2. Wojciech Tekielski, POL  (Viruk)
  • 3. Ana Polanšćak, CRO (Gujozec)

Unit/Squad:

• 1. Wojciech Tekielski, POL (Viruk)
  • 2. Mario Ogrizek-Tomaš, CRO (Guardian)
  • 3. Ana Polanšćak, CRO (Gujozec)

Flames of War

• 1. Igor Cvjetić, SRB
  • 2. Matija Prekslavec, CRO (PrexGSI)
  • 3. Marko Paunović, CRO (Demonn Agram)

Open

• 1. Ana Polanšćak, CRO (Gujozec)
  • 2. Marko Paunović, CRO (Demonn Agram)
  • 3. Boris Kunilo, SLO

Diorama/Duel

• 1. Marko Paunović, CRO (Demonn Agram)
  • 2. Ana Polanšćak, CRO (Gujozec)
  • 3. Marinko Brkić-Tot, CRO

Best of Wyrd

• 1. Adam Parkhouse, UK (Sparks)

People's Choice

• 1. Marko Paunović, CRO (Demonn Agram)

Masterclass

• 1. Adam Parkhouse, UK (Sparks)
  • 2. Wojciech Tekielski, POL (Viruk)
  • 3. Mario Ogrizek-Tomaš, CRO (Guardian)

bq08.jpg

A week later, on July 19th and 20th, a third annual international Malifaux tournament took place. Parallel to this event, loads of demos of various tabletop wargames (like Flames of War, Warmachine/Hordes, Infinity, Warhammer 40.000) were presented as well as all of our programmes with special emphasys on our Library where visitors and competitiors could leaf through or read any and all of the books UMS "Agram" has. Also, one of the fun features this year was an "open" training of the Croatian National Team for the upcoming ETC Warhammer Fantasy Battles event.
razno02.jpg

razno01.jpg

END OF PART I

AGRAM ARENA SUMMER 2014 REPORT

PART II

The Malifaux tournament consisted of three 40SS and three 55SS games upon which all the scoring was summed up along with the sportsmanship and painting results. The top two players got to play in the Grand Finale on a ruined monastery board for the win of the tournament and the rest fought it out for the rest of the placings in multiplayer game with 4 players per board.

mlfx01.jpg

mlfx02.jpg

mlfx03.jpg

mlfx04.jpg

mlfx10.jpg

mlfx14.jpg

mlfx15.jpg

mlfx16.jpg

mlfx17.jpg

Here's an account of the Malifaux tournament by Luka Kveštak, the youngest participant at fourteen year of age and the second place winner of the tournament:
This was my first Malifaux tournament and I loved it, mainly because I was playing with people who were really tolerant and helping me out with the rules. I also appreciated all the "hanging out" throughout the weekend with the guys, for the morning coffees, lunches and evening drinks! I managed to win 4 out of 6 games so I ended up in the Grand Finale. The player I was playing against in grand finale was afraid that he would lose against a total noob and that everyone would be mocking him but that still didn't stop him from reminding me to turn on my triggers or that when I forgot to do something. He really was the best opponent I could get and in the end a deserved winner of the event. I really liked the organisation of the event and I look forward to getting my own crew (one of the players lent me his crew) from the voucher code from Wyrd online store I received as my prize!

Final Results of the Malifaux tournament:

• 1. Ivan Polanšćak, CRO (Edgar Ronchester)
  • 2. Luka Kveštak, CRO
  • 3. Tomislav Rac, CRO (Linus McMold)
  • Best Painted Crew: Wojciech Tekielski, POL (Viruk) 

mlfx18.jpg

In the end, UMS "Agram" would like to thank the sponsors of this event for all the help and providing the prizes: City of Zagreb, Zagreb's Association of Technical Culture, Ravnice Youth Hostel, Carta Magica, Micro Art Studio, Secret Weapon Miniatures, Battlefield Berlin, MDP, Figone, Escenorama, Terrible Kids Stuff, Infamy Miniatures, Phlegyas Art, Hangar 18 Miniatures, Art Zumbur, Wamp, Mr Black Publications and, of course, Figure Painter Magazine for providing media coverage of this event!

See you next year!!

• Like 1

Must have been a really great event. I wish I could have been there! Next year I will do my best to come in person. I feel very happy about my results in the Black Queen painting contest, especially with tough competition (winning against some of my favorite painters does feel great).

• Like 1