Tara Lists / Tactics

SoulGambit

Tara has been a Master that has... eluded my mind. I can't seem to wrap my head around her. I've decided to make a more focused attempt at making her work. There are two parts to this, the first is to jot down all the general tips I get. The second is to narrow down a stock list for each Strategy. Now, stock lists are usually a bad thing, and you want to adapt the list based on your opponent and schemes. However, I'm not there yet, I'm just trying to get used to the models and working towards the strategies/schemes.

General Tips
- Burying models is a thing Tara can do. Burying models is not the only thing Tara can do, and it is often not the most effective.
- Throwing wrecking balls is a thing Tara can do. Throwing wrecking balls is not the only thing Tara can do, and it is often not the most effective.
- The Wrecking Ball is massively card intensive, and should not be relied on.
- Tara's role in your Crew is that of a supporting objective runner.

Lists by Strategy (All 50ss)

TURF WAR & RECKONING

Outcasts Crew - 50 - Scrap

Tara -- 6 Pool
 +Knowledge of Eternity [2]
 +Obliteration Symbiote [2]

Hannah [10]
 +Ancient Tomes [2]
Johan [6]
Sue [8]
The Nothing Beast [10]
Void Wretch [4]
Void Wretch [4]

The idea is that TNB  + Hannah + Sue + Johan commit murder. Meanwhile, Tara + Void Wretches run objectives. Tara subs as Fast-Support / Johan Delivery, while Void Wretches pretend to be killy on demand.

RECONNOITER

Tara -- 5 Pool
 +Obliteration Symbiote [2]

Hans [8]
Johan [6]
 +Oath Keeper [1]
Malifaux Rat [2]
Malifaux Rat [2]
Malifaux Rat [2]
Obedient Wretch [4]
Sue [8]
 +Oath Keeper [1]
The Nothing Beast [10]
 +Oath Keeper [1]

Reconnoiter, in my experience, is about balancing threat and numbers. This list has a bunch of midling beatsticks (Hans, Johan, Sue). The Nothing Beast is the big beatstick. Tara is meant to redeploy Hans/Johan as necessary and complete objectives. The Wretch + Rats ensure that numbers will gradually swing in my direction. Rat Catchers are scheme insurance late game.

SQUATTER'S RIGHTS

Tara -- 5 Pool
 +Dead of Winter [1]
 +Scramble [2]

Death Marshal [6]
Death Marshal [6]
Death Marshal [6]
Johan [6]
 +Oath Keeper [1]
Malifaux Rat [2]
Malifaux Rat [2]
Malifaux Rat [2]
Obedient Wretch [4]
Sue [8]
 +Oath Keeper [1]

Tara runs up one side of  the board to flip / place counters on the center line. Death Marshals march on other counter reasonably independently. Rat + Wretch march create a quagmire somewhere on the board, using Rat Catchers as a contingency later in the game. Sue / Johan are the list's punch.

Of particular note, I'm unsure on using Wretch + Rats with Tara. While they are a staple in my Outcast crews that aren't Tara, they may be much too card intensive of a strategy. Time will tell. I am also considering Hans in place of Sue.

I'll update this post as my stock lists change and as I learn more things. I'd love criticism and any wisdom active Tara players would like to share. This thread is basically me floundering around not knowing what I'm doing, so other people can learn as I do.
  • Like 1