Anyone up for demoing the game in Glasgow?

Thrace

Hi all,

I'm based in the southside of Glasgow, Scotland, and I'd really like to find someone who can give me a demo of the game before I start buying stuff. If the Wyrd site is correct the nearest henchman to me is in West Lothian, which is a little further than I'd like to travel. So if anyone in Glasgow is up for showing me the ropes, let me know :)

Whilst i myself am not from Glasgow i can point you in the right directions here. Glasgow did have a henchman but he took a wee break. I beleive the game has now drawn him back in though.

Glasgow has a really good malifaux community with it played a lot at g3 games.

Also, if youre on facebook, look up the society of scottish malifools and you will find plenty of weegies ready to demo for you.

Good luck.

Hey Davi,

I'm in Rutherglen, just down the road from Hampden. A demo on March 4 would be great, many thanks for the offer. I'm going to order the book and some miniatures this week so hopefully I'll have a decent grasp of the rules by then, although I doubt my crew will be painted. Would that be a problem?

Not a problem at all. what masters are you looking at?

Well, I'm definitely going to get the Relic Hunters box and some Guild Riflemen simply because I like the minis. But I'm also liking the looks of Rasputina, Zoraida and possibly Kaeris. Perdita seems great too but I hear she's pretty popular and I wanted to go for a slightly lesser-used crew. 

(Of course, now you'll probably inform me that there are already 20 Lucas McCabe players at G3...)

I've got Lucas but i've never used him. I don't think i've played against him before, definately not in M2E. Perdita is quite popular as she is quite often peoples first crew, so a lot of people have her but they might not use her much now but this might change as the new plastics are beautiful.

You might find it better so stick with one faction as you just pick your faction at the start of the game and them you decide what master and models you will use after the strategies and schemes are decided, also until all the box sets are redone you will probably get the old cards in the box and you'll have to pick up an arsenal deck for the faction to get the right stat cards.

Cool, it's good to know Lucas isn't overused in the group. I had a look at the Wave 1 arsenal box but it doesn't seem to have cards for the models I've ordered. I've got the pdfs of them though so I can just print them out. Also ordered a fate deck so if I can get disciplined about painting there's a chance I could have a small crew ready for March.

Should I drop you a PM on this forum before the game to make sure it's still on? And thanks again for the help :)