Lilith

Ernstoff

What is everyones opinion on Lilith. The reason i ask is because I eventually would like to have a second master and group for Malifaux. I was thinking Lilith for Neverborn but if I wanted to run another faction as well as Neverborn. Does anyone have any suggestions for a different faction to also run or give me thoughts on Lilith?

Lilith.

Most people will tell you that she's a combat master who excels in melee with a really big sword and that her minions can, with the right upgrade, grow and mature into more powerful models as they kill the enemy.

And they'd be right - as far as it goes.

Lilith can excel in combat, but she doesn't have to rush into it to have a massive effect on the game. She has plenty of abilities that allow her to move models around the board and create terrain (which she herself ignores) - or to root enemy models in place. This kind of control and disruption makes her a real toolbox of a master.

She has her own iconic minions - the vampiric nephilim - but functions well without them too, so as you grow in the game, and your model collection grows, you'll not feel tempted to leave her behind.

Frankly, I was recently asked "if I could only play one master from now on, which would it be?" And my honest answer was Lilith - not something I could have said in the last edition. I think I'll still be learning Lilith tricks and combos for years to come.

I've only played against her once with an Ophelia crew... I have a great deal of respect for Lilith's capabilities. Best trick she pulled on me was using a Terror Tot to Tangle Shadows vs. Ophelia. Meaning she basically yanked Ophelia into base contact with herself and then plopped down a forest between herself and the rest of my gun line to slice and dice my master in peace. O, lasted a turn longer than I expected, but the whole rest of the game I was playing catch up. Lost by 1 VP, but it could have been worse.

-DavicusPrime

I have every Rezzer master except for McMourning (waiting for his plastics). I also have Jakob Lynch. I got Lilith mainly because I came into a little extra money and her plastics had just came out. She's now my favorite master. Like Joel said, she can do a lot (depending on Upgrades). I have found Illusionary Forest (which lets you place two 50mm makers right by each other that count as forest terrain) to be remarkable. It stops Perdita from blowing my crew away before I can get to her. Even when facing other melee crews, it allows me some control of who fights who and when.

Add in fun things like the Cherub making Lilith radiate Hazardous terrain (which she ignores, but not the enemies she's engaged with), Lilith has a huge amount of depth.

If you're considering a second faction, I would suggest Guild, Ten Thunders, or Gremlins. The reason is that each shares a Master with the Neverborn (Lucious, Jakob Lynch, and Zorida respectively). That way you can have some cross-faction synergy.

Okay thanks for all the help everyone. If i was thinking of Lilith as well as Ramos from the Arcanist what are your thoughts on him? trying to get an idea because I typically just go based on the models I like but with malifaux it is a little more challenging than with warmahordes or even 40k or fantasy