Couple of newbie questions

Sygerrik

Question

Hello folks,

My friends and I are starting out in Mk2 (I played a bit of Mk1) and I have a few questions.

1) Can a Slop Hauler heal itself with the "Feed Piggies" action?

2) When Misaki or Von Schill (or someone else with an ability to charge while engaged) charges out of melee with one target into melee with another, does the person (s)he is initially engaged with get a disengaging strike?

3) What is the significance of the Ht 5 on Hank's "vent steam" ability? It says that he creates the cover for LOS purposes-- does that mean it can block LOS? Does it provide a negative twist on attack flips against models in the aura?

3 answers to this question

3) What is the significance of the Ht 5 on Hank's "vent steam" ability? It says that he creates the cover for LOS purposes-- does that mean it can block LOS? Does it provide a negative twist on attack flips against models in the aura?

I'm a little uncertain about your question. First of all I don't know who is Hank. Secondly the Vent Steam ability for example on Mei Feng acts very differently and it is not a Ht5 stuff. Probably you would like to ask about Howard Langston's Steam Cloud aura.

If this is the case, the answers:

a) Ht5 aura can give benefits to other models on a higher level. Say Langston is on the ground floor but beside him there is a model on a Ht4 building. If the later is within the aura or within 1" of the aura when he is targeted through it then it will receive the Soft Cover benefits.

B) No, the aura does NOT blocks LoS. Only Dense or Blocking terrain can do that.

c) Yes, but only in case of :ranged attacks. Models could also use the cover bonus in case they are within 1" of the aura and the attacker must track LoS through it.