Scheme markers and range

Coweringomega

Question

Hey all. I know that distance is measured top down, except for movement. But what about for markers?

If I place a marker for "Plant the Explosives" on the first floor, will my enemies on the third floor get hit assuming they are within the the 3" (laterally)?

I'd like to say no, because to get to that marker if they wanted to remove it, they would have to make their way down to the first floor to actually interact with the marker.

However, I can't find any rule or clarification that says they won't get hit so I'm thinking that they do actually get hit.

Also, do auras and pulses go through walls? Does terrain affect them at all?

Thanks.

Edited by Coweringomega

9 answers to this question

Auras, pulses and Blasts require line of sight from the potential victim, to the model they originate from.

Sorry if I'm missing something really simple but if this is the case what is the height of a scheme marker? I imagine it is 0 and if this is the case and it is in B2B of the edge can you then draw line of sight to someone below you and "Plant the Explosives" them.

That said Plant Explosive does not have the Aura, Pulse, or blast sign in its rules. It just says with in 3". So it technically does not need LOS or care about height, just for them to be with in the 3".

So while Aura, Pulses, and Blast have the rules to prevent them from getting those weird interactions of going through walls and models out of sight, things like Plant Explosive do not have that problem.

Things like climbing up vertical climbable surfaces distances are measured vertically so as long as the 3" from the 1st to 3rd floor is 3" then the model can be assumed to be in the range of Plant explosives

thx ppl

just to clarify because i know many of the measurements are supose to be 2d. are you saying this isnt the case here. ie someone 2" down and 3" away would not be hit?