Some Mei Feng questions

Sybarite

So i've played some Mei Feng games in 2nd edition and have been rather successful. i usually take Seismic Claws, Arcane Reservoir and Thunderous Smash, which seems like a really good load-out to me and it has worked very well.

What i'm wondering is when people take Vapormancy and how you use Scalding Breath. i really like the trigger to put up vent steam, but the scalding breath spell just seems a little bit tame. What do you think? Do you find it effective? When do you use it and in combination with what upgrades and crew?

my second question is how are you dealing with the Reconnoiter strategy? To me it feels like the hardest one for Mei and her classic crew, although Mei's speed really helps. What models do you bring and what's your strategy for the strategy? :D

Tried a burning Arcanist list (Fire Gamin, Union Miners, Gunsmith and The Captain) and Mei Feng excelled with that. The burning put out by the gamin helped with the gunsmith's (0) and Mei jumping into combat.

Yet to really use Vapormancy but was bale to do it on Bishop (bypassing his DF trigger) while engaged with Mei Feng. The Captain also helps by pushing around when needed.

Bat Rep: here

D.

i haven't but i've been thinking about it :) The spiders would probably be very useful for reconnoiter and such and still allow Mei to jump to them.

i've been toying with the idea of using the acolyte for staying on my quarters to provide some shooting support and hold a quarter since mei feng's friends usually want to run up to the enemy.

That being said, a pair of molemen can probably be useful in most crews.

Beating som'er teeth jones in reconnoiter is really hard!

Does anyone use Scalding breath?

I've only used Vapomancy once, and it was for the Pressurized Vent trigger. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but considering the way I play Mei -- set up a ladder of constructs, Railwalk in, auto Jackhammer kick, attack a second time (ideally with another attack triggered), and then Railwalk out -- I seem to remember I had lost my rail line out some time during Mei's activation, so I went for the third attack and triggered Vent Steam.

The times I've used Scalding Breath it's been for the Ca7 on the attack, or in a matchup where the blasts are useful. Attacking on a 7 rather than a 6 is important against some high Df models, eg Lilith.

I'm a fan of a pair of molemen in most circumstances. A couple would probably help out, combined with the emberling that's three non-peon activations for 11ss, which should boost your body count a bit.

Gamin, Rail Workers, and Steam Arachnids, with Joss as your beatstick. (Like I said above, I focus on Railwalking) Reconnoiter wants you to have more models in a quarter than your opponent, and Gremlins are already going to win in the "Who has more models" game, but you can get close (He can have 13 Bayou Gremlins vs your 10 Gamin (if you don't take upgrades or Joss)). Joss can put down AT LEAST one gremlin a turn, and he'll drop scrap tokens that you can use to get Mei where she needs to be to drop another one or two. Use Gamin and Rail Workers to control your starting quarter(s), and the Arachnids to get in his. Ice Gamin and Rail Workers can limit his mobility a lot, too.

Also, Joss' upgrade is particularly effective in a crew like this because Mei is the only non-Construct on your team, and he'll likely not have ANY.