New member from Montreal (well, almost...)

sproutchu

Hi guys!

Late comer from Laval, just north of Montreal. For those of you who don't know what Laval is like, it's an island, just as Montreal is, but covered with 3 things : shopping centers (the "classic" ones as much as the "smart" variety), houses around those shopping centres, and blanks. Yeah, cool city. The only good reason to live in Laval is because it's close to Montreal but houses are cheaper.

For those of you who don't know Montreal, it is the first city in North America to have, it is my belief, a School for Corruption and Other Public Misbehaviors. If you haven't heard, you're missing quite a show.

I'm new here on the forum AND to Malifaux. I'm 33, happily married, happy father, quite happy as a business management counselor and a real fan of gaming (video games, boardgames). Yet, instead of just watching TV at night, I wanted something fun to do with my hands (not like... I mean... come on, you get it, I meant something manual... no, not that I... geez). So after looking for a while on the internet (ok, that's it, have a laugh then move on please... I was looking for papercraft projects !), I found a cool little company selling PDF files with terrain setups that you could print, cut and glue together. Bought one, started the castle, then got curious about those little figures in their promo images, made by a company called "Wyrd".

BAM ! Suddenly, a whole new world just opened up, where miniatures were kings and where time suddenly contracted as to appear non existent. I explored many (MANY) miniatures games (bought the Havoc rulebook that I'm keeping for later), and decided to get back to the first one I saw, Malifaux, for the smaller scale and the weird theme. Got myself two crew boxes (Mei Feng for myself and Misaki for the wife who also happen to like games), as well as the 1.5 rulebook (well, not the best move this one, as the M2E came out weeks after, but i didn't know) and, while waiting for them to arrive, a friend of a friend came home one night and saw the half-finished castle and it got us talking.

BAM again ! That guy, I learned, was a huge Warhamburger (you know what I mean) gamer in the years past, having 100's of miniatures and won tournaments. And he's a pretty good painter. So now, he's also MY friend, and he and the other friend both ordered their own crews (Herald of obliteration for one, Lady J for the other). We are now in the process of painting them. I'll post some pics in the appropriate section, along with my first ever painted miniature (I decided to get the feel of the thing on a cheaper one first).

So there it is, I've started learning how to assemble, base and paint miniatures, then we'll have a go at the game itself.

I haven't read every thread in the forum, so if there's someone closeby who's eventually interested in gaming with us, that would be fun ;)