Help a gremlin against Pandora!

Ikvar

I am currently playing against someone who plays Pandora, he obliterated my Somer gunline crew last time, so this time I will be trying with a Brewmaster 10T crew. But seeing as I have never played with neither Brewmaster nor 10T I really need your help!

I have thought about this setup:

Brewmaster

-binge- 1ss

-Hold their hair back. 1ss

-Running tab- 2ss

Aprentice Wesley 3SS

Fingers 10SS

- Drinking "problem"- 2ss

Moon Shinobi 2x6= 12

Dawn Serpent- 10

Fuhatsu- 10

=51

2ss left

I will basically be running around with Fingers using Drinking problem to send potential enemies towards Brewmaster and the others, while laying scheme markers all over the place.

I picked Fuhatsu to be my Teddy hunter seeing as he is immune to horror duels, Dawn serpent to help spread poison beside Brewmaster, and Moon Shinobies to play with Pandora and tie up loose ends.

So does this setup make sense, or should I take something entirely different?

And then I have some random rule questions:

Aoura:

- Driking problem- when it states "others" in the sentence, does it include the model itself seeing as an aura by default includes the model?

Fuhatsu:

Madman with a gattling gun- why does it have a ML6, when there are no TN you need to pass nor any resist other than the actual 17WP dual the enemy needs to make?

- furthermore, seeing as it is noted as a ML attack, would that mean the 3pulse is its ML engagement range, so when I push someone right beside me 3inches, they wont be able to charge me as they are in my ML engagement zone?

Fingers:

I saw it first- seeing as there are no range noted on the skill, does it simply mean I need to be in base contact with the enemy scheme marker, place my own within 4 of the enemies and then destroy the enemies marker?

- and if that is the case, then the only use for this skill is the fact that it saves me an AP for not having to remove the enemies scheme marker first?

Moon Shinobi:

Tiny Green Fists of Fury-When playing against Pandora, would I be able to choose going against her DF instead of her WP, even though she have the skill "expose Fears", when I am able to choose to go up against both WP and DF with the Green Fists attack?

I think you're going about this the wrong way. Som'er (in my opinion anyway) is a reasonable counter to Pandora because of how his crew interacts with the Gremlins best snub to Pandora - the Liquid Bravery upgrade (since the Wp boost is only on minions, which Som'er runs loads of). Keep Down the Hatch up and she'll struggle to do too much.

Keep in mind most of her crew will have lowish Df stats. This'll allow you to abuse anything with Dumb Luck to wipe them out quickly.

Francois might be worth a look. Wp 7 is nice. And most importantly, just try to avoid her. Pandora's threat range is much smaller than in V1.

Best of luck. Pandora can be a hard nut to crack.

• 3 weeks later...

First thought I had in dealing with Pandora was the Moon Shinobi :) Sadly, due to timing of how their attack is worded, Pandora still gets to choose her defense, so no dice.

Tricks to use against Pandora:

-Frag models. As a Gremlin, you have out-activation on your side, so each model you can take out tips things your way.

-Brewmaster might have troubles with the Sorrows/Pandora due to a LOT of their actions being opposed Willpower duels, so that's something to take into account.

If you're going to use Brewmaster as a 10k, there's a wave 2 model currently being tested called the Fermented River Monk. He makes a LOT of use of poison counters, and could be a good striker in a fairly controller crew.