Killjoy + Void Record

Bloaty

Question

Hello, I was wondering if you cast Void Record on Killjoy to bury him and a model is killed (or sacrificed) later in the turn, would Killjoy be able to unbury through that model with Blood Sacrifice? Or does he have to start the game buried for it to trigger. If he can, what would happen to the void marker. Would it get removed at the end of the turn anyway or would it move Killjoy to it or would it just stay since its target is no longer buried?

3 answers to this question

Hello, I was wondering if you cast Void Record on Killjoy to bury him and a model is killed (or sacrificed) later in the turn, would Killjoy be able to unbury through that model with Blood Sacrifice? Or does he have to start the game buried for it to trigger. If he can, what would happen to the void marker. Would it get removed at the end of the turn anyway or would it move Killjoy to it or would it just stay since its target is no longer buried?

Not sure what Void Record is, I'm assuming some ability of Tara's crew but I can't find it.

Yes you can use Blood sacrifice to unbury him later. His blood sacrifice is a two fold ability. 1, he may begin the game burried. 2, to unbury him when a model dies. The two aren't linked as results. Meaning, it doesn't say, if he begins the game burried in this manner, then you may unburry him when a model dies. It just says them separately.

Void Record is an ability from a Hannah-specific upgrade. It places a marker next to a model, then buries the target. At end of turn, unbury the target at the counter and remove the counter. Given this, I'd wager that Killjoy can unbury as normal since Blood Sacrifice is two separate clauses without a conditional, and the counter will simply be removed at end of turn with no further interference. Same for Bête.

Void Record is an ability from a Hannah-specific upgrade. It places a marker next to a model, then buries the target. At end of turn, unbury the target at the counter and remove the counter. Given this, I'd wager that Killjoy can unbury as normal since Blood Sacrifice is two separate clauses without a conditional, and the counter will simply be removed at end of turn with no further interference. Same for Bête.

That's how we played it since it seemed to make the most sense, but just wanted to be sure. :P

Thanks for the help.