The Faceless: army painter primer melting plastic?

G. Footman

I finally got Yan-Lo, primed the minis with Army Painter black primer, I've used it plenty of times before, on metal, resen, and plastic, never had a problem, so far have not had a problem with Yan-Lo's crew, except Chaiti, whose face and mask are featureless blobs, I thought maybe I went a little too heavy on the primer and covered the details, and went to try scraping some off lightly with a toothpick, and watches as the plastic oozed right off in a clump with the primer.

I've never had this happen before with this brans, and all the rest of the crew look ok, no loss of detail, no meltyness or squishyness. I'm actually not sure why it was just her head that was affected like this, they all come off the same sprue

it seems to me that I remember someone having the same problem with the Oiran maybe... 6 months ago. But they may have been using citadel primer, I don't remember.

Personally I have made it though Misaki's set, yamaziko, archers, oiran, Vanessa, yan lo's set, izamu, lucas McCabe's set, and the guild trapper, plus now the puppetwars unstitched stuff and the babies from the evil baby orphanage kickstarter (all plastic) and not had a single issue with this melting phenomenon. :/ I use white krylon primer for everything.

i'm sorry you did though, that's a real bummer for sure