the choosiest choice of all

Jewomie

okay... so that is an exaggeration. But i do have a question that is quite entirely opinion based.

Looking at your experience in games, if you had to choose between Crooked Men or the Drowned, who would you rather have?

I don't have either set, and I don't really have the resources to pick up both at the same time. (though i eventually want them both)

I play McMourning, I just picked up Yan Lo, and i dabble in Kirai and Nicodem. I don't really play Seamus, though i have his box and use some of the pieces in it quite a bit.

Aside from one or two others, these are really the only minion type Reserrectionist i don't own, so i'm not really looking for any other options here, more of just an either-or, and i didn't know if anyone had any neat stories of them or a situation where they were (or would have been) a big help. =]

I know when they first came out they were not very popular, but lately i've seen a bit of a rise in their support, and i'd be interested in giving them a shot. They both seem a lot more situational then some of the other minions i have, which is why i've waited so long to pick either one up. but now i'm down to just boosting my hiring pool and i'm curious which one you've all had better luck with.

:D

thanks in advance!

Edited by Jewomie
spelling fail

I see what you're saying in regards to them being a decent trap. but i don't really have trouble keeping McM alive. he seems to soak up a good many wounds and as long as you get some hits in, he's right back in the game. Though, i did get stuck between a desp Merc and Taelor last weekend.. it did not end well. haha

So how is it that a drowned are good at playing tarpit? (i don't have the book with me)

The Drowned.

Riptide is an excellent way to hit a few models at once without actually doing blast damage, and they can't be lured by Oirans or the twins. If Riptide does go off, , they take a few wounds, then you just park the Drowned next to them and continue to Riptide, ideally in the middle of a lot of enemies. They'll eventually die and explode. Meanwhile Doug can be ripping other things up, or doing scenario.

They can also pull a model within 4" towards them, which in some cases would be enough for a Scalpel sling if you set it up right.

Damn, this is a hard one...

Based on the games I've played... I'd have to say Drowned. Every game they just do what I want them to do without any hitch. Crooked Men are pretty great but shafted is only really good in conjunction with belles and types of terrain with small passages. He does have Cave in which is a great spell but it's never really been that much of an asset.

Drowned are mobile, have durability and add damage with board control very well.