New player seeking help!

Hi hi, I am a very new player as of yesterday when I picked up my first starter set and a rule book. For my faction I went with the outcasts more specific the the Som'er Teeth Jones starter set. At the time of purchase I was unaware that I may need more models with that starter set as compared to most of the other ones.

I absolutely love the models as I am a long time orc's and goblins player from Warhammer fantasy. So building/ painting lots of models is not something new to me.

So after doing a bit of research, I found out that another pack of the gremlins would be handy as would be some giant mosquitos. Are the pig units any good to start with? Or should I stick with what is suggested?

Thank you in advance =)

My understanding is that the quickest single purchase you could make to play Gremlins as a crew is just to get Ophelia LaCroix's box set. She can mostly work as is. Som'er from what I have seen thus far really needs all or most of his options available to tailor to game type. That said, I'm not a gremlin player so I'm sure someone with more experience can elaborate.

Welcome to the game!!!

First off, if no one has already pointed you there, you should read the Pull My Finger wiki (http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/) which happens to be named for a Som'er ability of all things. :Smug_Puppet2: Its got all kinds of useful info most importantly a very well written guide for each master.

The entry on Som'er is a very good read and what you learn is that Som'er has 3 main crew "focuses"; the Mosquito Swarms, the Gremlin Gunline, or the Pig Boomerang. Each play style with him is lots of fun (I run him myself) but each does offer a different focus on his large choice of models. Give it a read and you'll quickly know what you want to focus on.