Help teaching Lucius

micahwc

No one plays Malifaux in Rapid City, SD. I have tried to get my wife interested. She seems to only like Lucius, because she thinks he looks like Michael Jackson. I have most of the models available to him. I dont have riflemen or wardens.

What kind of list should I start her with?

What crew should I use against her?

Any ideas? She has virtually no gaming experience.

I am thinking that I will use either Markus or Rasputina against her, as I have the least experience with them.

I have some experience playing against Lucius.

His standard crew is reasonable. You can get good mileage out of an assortment of guild guard, a guard captain and a sergeant as a totem. A new player is highly unlikely to see much point in the lawyer, but Ryle is worth including. Essentially, take his starter box, drop the lawyer and add more guild guards and the totem to make up numbers. Branching out it may help to add an austringer or some hounds.

That crew is reasonable at Strategies which require that it remain fairly stationary, but can be poor at moving rapidly (although Lucius himself can get one or two models moving very quickly using his Reinforcement spell). The guild guard as a crew tends to be fairly direct and copes poorly against crews with more novel playstyles. Advancing towards them to engage in a gunfight or melee combat is something they can handle, but mind bending tricks and the rest will often overwhelm them.

Just remember that Ryle can not be targeted by its crew with anything that says friendly model. He can be affected by abilities which do not target, though.

I would not call Lucius straight forward, by any means. However, liking the models is the best reason to play a faction. Simply getting your wife interested is awesome.

@Micahwc ive been trying to get my wife into gaming for a while now. Ive still not given up hope yet. Perhaps finding some models she will like may be a good starting point :)

That is what I have done with the gf. Offer her a painted Teddy for Valentines and she started picking some more interest into the game