Wet Coast GT - Malifaux!, Vancouver BC, July 20-21

Mach_5

post-4089-1391192795195_thumb.jpg

weblogo_0.png

The Wet Coast GT is coming to Vancouver, BC this July!

Hosted by the WCP and A-Club, there will be two-day grand tournaments for Warhammer Fantasy, 40k, Warmahordes, Flames of War, and of course Malifaux!

Dates: July 20-21

Time: 9 AM Saturday to 5 PM Sunday

4201 Lougheed Hwy

Burnaby, BC V5C 3Y6

Toll Free: 1-800-590-EXEC(3932)

Cost: $55

Malifaux Tournament Info:

Player Pack: MalifauxPlayerPack1.pdf

Achievements List: MalifauxPlayerPack2.pdf

Size: We’re aiming for 16-20 players to start, but there is quite possibly room available for more if we sell out early. Tell your friends and sign up now!

The Proper Attitude: The WCP has long since abandoned the typical high-competitive environments, deciding to give trophies (and bragging rights of course!) to the winners of each scoring category while raffling off all the prizes amongst all the participants.

Rules:

• This is a Single Faction tournament. You must register your choice of faction with the organizer when you sign in on the first day of the event.

• Game sizes will range between 25 and 45 soulstones, as specified in the scenarios (TBA).

• All models must be fully painted (at least 3 colors) and based.

• Proxies for models are allowed, so long as it is readily apparent which model they represent. If in doubt, check with me in advance!

• You must bring all materials needed to play including rulebook, fate deck, measuring device, markers/counters, and of course models and their stat cards.

• You must conduct yourself in a manner that will not bring our awesome hobby into disrepute.

• If you are in doubt of anything please e-mail mach_5@rocketmail.com with your questions.

Schedule: Check out the schedule here.

Awards: There will be an award for the highest scoring player in each of the following categories:

Best General – The player with the most Achievement points for the weekend

Best Painted – The player with the best looking crew (as voted by the players)

Best Sportsman – The player who is the most fun to play (as voted by the players)

Prizes!: Some of the proceeds (and generosity of the sponsors) will go into the prize table. I've lined up enough prizes to ensure all Malifaux players will win a prize, including Crew Boxes, Custom Fate Decks, and more!

How do I sign up?: Head on over to http://wetcoastgt.com/ and click the “Buy Now” button for Malifaux!

Open Gaming and Demos: Can't make it to the tournament but still want to play some games and check out the action? We're starting set up on Friday night at 6pm and the hall is available for open gaming until Midnight, as well as again on Saturday from 6p until Midnight. Open gaming is free for all to attend and you may play any games you wish during open gaming. If you're interested in an M2e demo, stop by the Malifaux area and I'll run you through a game! I'll be wearing my Wyrd Henchman shirt, or just ask around for Mark.

Edited by Mach_5

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

*bump*

Just two weeks to go before Wet Coast, get your tickets now!

As mentioned prizes will be raffled amongst all participants, and I've lined up enough prizes that all Malifaux players will walk away with something, including Crew Boxes, Custom Fate Decks, and more!

If more incentive is needed, I'll be buying the Malifaux players a round of drinks on Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...

Malifaux hosted a small but fun group, who all made out like bandits with the prize support we had. It was great to see familiar faces and to meet a few new ones! Hope you all had as much fun as I did this weekend.

Awards went to:

Best General - Tao Newton Breese (Yin & A.Seamus FTW!)

Best Painted - Brieanna Minifie (Disco Ramos!)

Best Sportsman - Kevin Lorenz (representing Terrace BC, thanks for making the trip!)