How Does McCabe Work?

paradox

Has anyone found a use for him

Sidir can be a very resiliant model with Riposte, Camophlage and his Healing Flip action. He can make a fantastic bodyguard for your master, able to throw himself in front of a bullet if necessary, with the defense bump and healing flips to keep him alive. (sometimes he's been my last model standing, and the only reason I could get any objectives done) He can also grant the defense bonus to others if needed, and his Hunting Blind is a great way to get Wastrels out of LoS so they can use their Hidden Passages, with the added benefit of granting some cover. His gun kicks out quite a bit of damage and can be especially brutal against things on a large base, but really can work against anything, and if your ducks are in a row he can hit two opponents with one shot. So, I guess I've found a use or twelve for him.

Anyone thought of a combat heavy McCabe list, with McCabe dragging around some of the slower combat models like Francisco, the Executioner and/or some witchlings, compensating for their #1 weakness of being slow? Set up McCabe with armour and paired so he's a little more resilient for getting in the thick of things, seems like it could be a nice way to run a combined arms guild list.

Anyone thought of a combat heavy McCabe list, with McCabe dragging around some of the slower combat models like Francisco, the Executioner and/or some witchlings, compensating for their #1 weakness of being slow?

Tried it just with Sidir - the problem is that by turn 2 McCabe is usually too far away to use 'Keep Up'.