The Road to Walpurgis 3: Painting Contests

Mach_5

The Road to Walpurgis 3: Painting Contests

With folks likely having a lot of painting to do for the upcoming Walpurgis 3 Malifaux tournament, I reckoned it might be a good idea to add some incentives to help those paintbrushes fly. A pool of 55 soulstones is a lot of models, and that’s before you add in all of the models that can be summoned. As such, I’ll be running a some painting contests!

Painting Contest I: We’ve All Got to Start Somewhere.

Entries:
Send a photo of one or more complete (fully painted and based) models in the Malifaux crew you’ll be taking to the tournament. It doesn’t matter when you painted them, nor does it matter if they’ve been previously posted on the internet before. As per the tourney rules, proxies and non-Wyrd miniatures are perfectly acceptable.

Deadline:
Entries must be received by
March 1st

Painting Contest II: Look How Far I’ve Come!

Entries:
Send a photo of one or more complete (fully painted and based) models in the Malifaux crew you’ll be taking to the tournament. The models must have been painted between March 1st and March 29th. As per the tourney rules, proxies and non-Wyrd miniatures are perfectly acceptable.

Deadline:
Entries must be received by
April 1st

Participants: Participation is open to folks who are planning on attending the Walpurgis 3 Malifaux tournament (titled “The Affair at Perfection Valley") being put on by the Bellingham Warhamsters, May 4-5. If you are on the current list of attendees, or on the waiting list, you’re eligible.

Format: Please send a photo of your entry in .jpg format to me at mach_5@rocketmail.com. Your entry should consist of a single image, with the largest dimension sized at 600 mega-pixels. It’s fine if your entry is a composite of several images, but it should consist of only a single, appropriately-sized image file.

Judging: Entries will be posted on-line in both the Wyrd and Ordo Fanaticus forums for the public to vote on. The winner will be determined by summing the number of votes across forums – if you are a member on both forums, you can vote on each board.

Prizes!: The winner of each painting contest will recieve a coveted Bellingham Warhamsters Patch and will be allowed to use one scheme a second time during the tournament. In addition, one other participant will be randomly selected from the non-winning entries of each painting contest. Those selected will also be allowed to use one scheme a second time during the tournament.

Edited by Mach_5