Speed Painted Guild

dexefiend

I primed these on Sunday, and I am trying to get done by Sunday!

(Except the Ryle, I painted him a couple months ago.)

1icF79Al.jpgIcZV0Vil.jpg

gOdk6Ipl.jpgBz8fjP9l.jpg

UBWkIP6l.jpgHfsxonXl.jpg

gzqoZGcl.jpgOHHjQoql.jpg

I have Riflemen, McCabe box, Hoffman box, Peacekeeper, Sonnia Avatar, Justice Avatar, Student of Conflict and Jack Daw on the way. (Jack Daw is for Leveticus.) So, they are for next week!

I despise your efficiency. With knowing you are a Hamelin player as well, I really think you have an army of lost children in your basement painting for you. ;)

Really like The Family models. Great job and cant wait to see some avatars and McCabe added in.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

And care to share how you actually got basically a whole faction painted in less than a week? (if it isn't the army of lost children, that is...)

EKudhl.jpg

This is a work-in-progress shot.

I started by priming black using Vallejo Black primer, then I used Vallejo Grey primer spraying only from above and areas that I wanted a little brighter.

Then, I sprayed the reds and browns. I knew I was going to have grey pants, and grey covers red rather well. Therefore, I wasn't concerned about over spray.

This picture is after the first coat of reds and browns, there has been no shading yet.

Total time spent by the time this picture was taken was about 3 hours.

After this, its painting greys and flesh with a brush. Shading, washing, and then detail painting.

I consider this level of painting tabletop standard, and is as good as I usually go. I probably averaged out 40 minutes per model for this batch.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

px02lF1l.jpg

WfZbAnxl.jpg

kpoXjpal.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

dO80qCKl.jpg

cu4L42dl.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I still need to varnish, and matte varnish... However, I will consider this portion MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I got my aSonnia, aJustice, Hoffman box, Peacekeeper, Drill Sergeant and 3 more Witchlings today! It takes a long time to assemble aSonnia! I did get the rest of them cleaned and ready for mold line removal.

So much to do! Drill Sergeant looks like he brings a lot of utility to the Guardsman gun line.

Speed Painting is Fun!

Avatar Sonnia and 75% of 3 Witchling Stalkers and a Drill Sergeant in 3 hours.

1fJpgwOl.jpg

kgOBft1m.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

XKMNMsfm.jpgn4XESGlm.jpg[url=http://imgur.com/6mFrixD]

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

XKMNMsfm.jpgn4XESGlm.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

lw2xtEhl.jpg

Good enough to count as fully painted for tomorrow's league game:

BVmHW6xl.jpg

The main goal here is to get a large number of models to the table-top, painted to an acceptable standard, in a relatively short time. The models won't look as good as if you spent hours on each one, or if you spent time detailing each model - but they WILL look good enough to be on a gaming table.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

The main goal here is to get a large number of models to the table-top, painted to an acceptable standard, in a relatively pokemon towerdefense short time. The models won't look as good as if you spent hours on each one, or if you spent time detailing each model - but they WILL look good enough to be on a gaming table.