Slow Grow League - Columbia, MO

thebarbalag

Hey Malifaux players!

Valhalla's Gate at 2525 Bernadette Dr., in Columbia, MO is hosting its first Malifaux League! Start date is Wednesday January 16th, at 5pm. I will be at the store, with models for demos or games the preceding Wednesday (1/9), and just to chat about the league, and, as always, I'm available via PM on these forums.

All you need are 25 points of models from 1 faction, though you may want to expand as the league goes on.

This is a learning league, for players of all skill levels. Experienced players are encouraged to help new players along in both the strategy and hobby aspects of the league.

Details:

Time Frame: 6 weeks

Weeks 1 - 2 25 point Scraps, may not change Master/Henchman - may change crew make-up, game to game, just not leader.

Weeks 3 - 4 25 - 35 point Scraps, may change to a different Master/Henchman - must stick to the same Master/Henchman for these weeks.

Weeks 5 - 6 25 - 35 point Scraps or Brawls, may choose any Master/Henchman from your faction, and you my switch freely between games

League Night: Wednesdays 5pm-Close, but, you may play your games on any day, provided there is table space

Prizes: Awarded in three different categories - Master Tinker, Master Strategist, and Master of Malifaux

Tinker points are awarded for painting models - models must be unpainted (may be primed and assembled) at the beginning of the league - 1 point for each 30mm base, 2 points for each 40mm base, and 3 points for each 50mm base, +1 point for Masters/Henchmen (including Avatars) - multi-base models earn points per base, even though they are really one single model (Ashes and Dust, or Avatar Pandora, for example). To count as painted, a model must have each element differentiated (skin must be painted differently from clothes, etc.), and the base must be decorated (this may be as simple as sand or dry-brushed ballast) - quality does not impact points. Paint night is, as always, on Mondays, and our resident master, Dallas Kemp, will be on hand to give advice and tips on painting. Only models from your chosen faction score Tinker points.

Strategist points are awarded for playing games, winning games, and playing new strategies and schemes. Each game played scores 1 point. Each victory scores 1 point.

Each new Strategy successfully accomplished (you do not have to win the game, but you do have to score points for the strategy) scores 1 point per Strategy (Shared and Individual count as the same). Each new Scheme successfully accomplished scores 1 point (may be announced or not, but either way counts as the same Scheme).

Master Tinker goes to the player with the most Tinker points, Strategist to the player with the most Strategy points, and Master of Malifaux to the player with the most points overall. You may only win one prize.

There will be a closing tournament with its own prizes, which will be the first of monthly tournaments at the Gate.

PM me, or catch me in the store if you have any questions!

-Michael, your friendly neighborhood Henchman

• 2 weeks later...