Colette Du Bois and the Showgirls

Meat Puppet

I used colors I still have from the old line of GW paints, although the brand doesn't really matter, as long as it's varying shades of red and brown.

The colors I used were Blood Red, Gore Red, Scab Red and Scorched Earth, so basically three different shades of red and a dark reddish brown.

I used a glaze medium to thin the paint a bit, so it's not thick and chunky.

Good for soup, less good for paint. :)

I had all the colors out on my pallet at the same time so I could go from one to the other immediately. I also used a pretty simple technique that someone else showed me, which is taking a brush with stiff bristles, like for drybrushing, and putting my thumb over the bristles as if I were trying to light a Bic lighter, spattering the paint onto the figure. I tried this first on just paper so I could practice it a bit before trying it on the mini, which I'm so glad I did. Once I got the feel for it, I did it on the mini. Then I went back with my brush and made some more droplets, smears and arterial sprays.