Idea for Kirai

Pride365

So I haven't bought anything for Kirai yet other than Lost Love and my proxy for Lost Love. But I have an idea on how I want to base Kirai herself and Ikiryo as well as her avatar when I get it.

I am using inspiration from the painting Birth of Venus by Botticelli. So to that end I went out and found some shells cause they are lying on the side of the road here I got a little into my task and so I now have shells coming out of my ears so my question is this.......I was going to base the rest of the crew so they looked like they were floating over a pond at midnight but I am not wondering if I should do them all coming out of shells?

First pic is of the proxy I am going to use for Lost Love and the second is the painting that is inspiring my crew. (If anyone has any better suggestions for a proxy please leave a link.)

Also does anyone know where I can get 30mm non slotted bases?

post-11396-13911926206137_thumb.jpg

post-11396-13911926206488_thumb.jpg

I still don't quite understand your concept. Which models will you be using for this idea?

And wouldn't that GW vampire model be a more suitable Ikiryo than a Lost Love?

I think the GW Vampire model looks like she is reaching for some one and so that's why she would be used for Lost Love. I like Wyrd's Ikiryo and so I will be using her. Lost Love is a great sculpt I just want my Lost Love to be a woman.

For sure I will be using Kirai and Ikiryo and her Avatar, the question is do I also do it with the other spirits like Seshin and Dat sue ba?

Secret weapon sells blank bases.

Thank you! Water won't stay in if there is a big hole in the middle!

Thank you! Water won't stay in if there is a big hole in the middle!

Another company, Back to Base-ix makes blank bases with an extra-deep hollow for water effects and the like. They give you about 2-3mm more depth to work with, which is especially good if you want partially submerged objects on your base.

Another company, Back to Base-ix makes blank bases with an extra-deep hollow for water effects and the like. They give you about 2-3mm more depth to work with, which is especially good if you want partially submerged objects on your base.

Thank you! though what do you think about the idea in general?

I think the GW Vampire model looks like she is reaching for some one and so that's why she would be used for Lost Love. I like Wyrd's Ikiryo and so I will be using her. Lost Love is a great sculpt I just want my Lost Love to be a woman.

For sure I will be using Kirai and Ikiryo and her Avatar, the question is do I also do it with the other spirits like Seshin and Dat sue ba?

I guess that could work. It is a great model and I am sure it would fit nicely. You could always go for a more vampiric touch to your crew and make some appropriate conversions. A victorian vampire crew would look neat as well! :)

The basing really depends on your preference. I would say keep it to your master/totem to make them stand out above the 'minions'. But that is really your choice. Try it out? ^^

I guess that could work. It is a great model and I am sure it would fit nicely. You could always go for a more vampiric touch to your crew and make some appropriate conversions. A victorian vampire crew would look neat as well! :)

The basing really depends on your preference. I would say keep it to your master/totem to make them stand out above the 'minions'. But that is really your choice. Try it out? ^^

Kirai is not going to be vampire based as she isn't in the fluff. I understand by having Lost Love be a chick that is a major break from the fluff but as not very many games that I know of have a bunch of chick loving chicks running around I do what I can.

Kirai is not going to be vampire based as she isn't in the fluff. I understand by having Lost Love be a chick that is a major break from the fluff but as not very many games that I know of have a bunch of chick loving chicks running around I do what I can.

Who says your models have to represent the fluff in the story? Toss in models you feel like using. You are the one who is going to play with them. So they have to suit your taste. :)

I happen to like her fluff a lot. I got into Malifaux and Wyrd b/c of the fluff.

Haha. I got into the game because I liked the models. I wanted to play Lady Justice actually and convinced a friend to play with me. His first pick was the LJ crew. -__- xD So I got stuck with Seamus. Turns out this game and its little world are more than outstanding. I am looking forward to the RPG, coming next fall. :D

Haha. I got into the game because I liked the models. I wanted to play Lady Justice actually and convinced a friend to play with me. His first pick was the LJ crew. -__- xD So I got stuck with Seamus. Turns out this game and its little world are more than outstanding. I am looking forward to the RPG, coming next fall. :D

I have the dead lady J! I want seamus but haven't decided how to base him yet so he isn't on my list yet of ones I am getting soon. I have already backed the RPG which I can't wait for I wish I could go to gencon and play!

great painting.... so i think the color theme will be amazing for this crew i also think you have some great pattern work to mess with in there for kimono's.

i do think however without some nakedness the theme wont be as strong as it should.. Also i think shells for everyone could be cheesy? could also tie stuff together... i think the lost love should get the shell... as in the venus or love in the painting... kirai could be similar to the grounded humans on the right of the painting and those patterns would be amazing on her... the floating spirits on the left would easily work as your onryo and ikiryo... your seashin could easily represent the sea and you in tha way could get away from all water bases?

good luck... would love to see it as it gets to where its going.

funny to use such a western canon of art on such an eastern themed crew... as if we dont force our art ideals on everyone everywhere already!!? heheh... just messin.

good luck.

great painting.... so i think the color theme will be amazing for this crew i also think you have some great pattern work to mess with in there for kimono's.

i do think however without some nakedness the theme wont be as strong as it should.. Also i think shells for everyone could be cheesy? could also tie stuff together... i think the lost love should get the shell... as in the venus or love in the painting... kirai could be similar to the grounded humans on the right of the painting and those patterns would be amazing on her... the floating spirits on the left would easily work as your onryo and ikiryo... your seashin could easily represent the sea and you in tha way could get away from all water bases?

good luck... would love to see it as it gets to where its going.

funny to use such a western canon of art on such an eastern themed crew... as if we dont force our art ideals on everyone everywhere already!!? heheh... just messin.

good luck.

I will certianly try for the pattern work on Kimonos I am not the best painter but I do what I can.

I would so go for some naked minis! lol but Wyrd only has her in clothes......damn. I was also worried shells for everyone would be cheesy. I kinda like the idea of all the spirits floating over the water though and would prolly do that if I didn't go with shells on everyone. Though I was thinking about using the pattern on the pink cloth for the color of Kira's Kimono to try to tie it in a little more.

We shall see how it turns out and I do plan on posting things either here or on my other thread once I get them going.

As for using such a western cannon of art on an eastern themed crew well waht can I say? Though I was planing on blending in some eastern themes in as well. such as cherry blossoms and things like that.