25ss Malifaux Tournament based in Cambridge, Uk on Sunday 25th November 2012

M_Ruckuss

I am pleased to announce the inaugural 'Sons of War' gaming group Malifaux tournament scheduled to take place on Sunday the 25th of November. Here is a brief outline of the tournament set-up.

Tournament Game Rules:

• Round Time Limit: Scrap (including Setup and form filling) - 25 stones – 110 Minute time limit
  • Number of Rounds: Each player will compete in 3 rounds facing a different player each time.

• Crew Selection:

• Each player has 25ss to recruit their crew.

• Each crew may only contain one “leader” model. i.e. a crew may MUST contain EITHER a master OR a henchman, but CANNOT include both.

• Your crew should be an “all comers list”. Each player will pick a single fixed crew which must be used in each round.

• Strategy Selection: Each round, the TO announces the Shared Strategy to be used by the players in all games. The TO will pick/flip a different Shared Strategy each round.

• Scheme Selection: With the exception of master specific schemes all Schemes are considered unique during the tournament and may only be selected once through the entire tournament by each player. Flip for deployment and initiative as normal.

General Rules:

• All Models must be fully painted assembled and based (i.e. glued to a base).
  • The use of proxies is discouraged. You MUST have either the stat cards (V2 when applicable) for any models you wish to use or the downloadable pdf’s from Wyrd.
  • You may ONLY use models which have been released at the time of the tournament. If you were lucky enough to pick up a ten thunderers master from Gencon then you may use it (this is an exception to the rule above).
  • The use of Avatars is permitted.

The tournament is designed to allow the local (or not so local!) Malifaux Community to come together and have a great day of gaming fun. Whilst being a ‘competitive’ tournament in as much as there are prizes up for grabs and games will be won and lost the main aim of the day is for all of the players to have a good time. In order to ensure this a code of conduct is included which outlines the expectations of the tournament organisers. The tournament fee covers the cost of hiring the venue and prizes. The cost of this tournament is £10 per player. This will not include the cost of food which must be brought from home or bought locally. A ‘tuck shop’ will be operating which will sell refreshments.

Many of the rules, including the code of conduct, are based on the Malifaux “Gaining Ground” guidelines which support official Malifaux Tournaments. Please note that this is not an 'official' tournament as such. A group of us here in Cambridge liked the idea of a Malifaux tournament but haven't been able to get to one- so we decided to host our own and aim to deliver a high quality event none-the-less! The tournament is limited to 30 players. There will be a cost of £10 per player to cover the cost of hall hire and prizes. Tournament fees would need to be paid in advance so that (with it being out first tournament and all!) we can cover the cost of the event. Paypal is possibly the best way to sort this out- PM me if there are any queries on this.

This tournament will use the accumulation scoring format.

There will be prizes awarded for

• 1st Place
  • 2nd Place
  • 3rd Place
  • Best Painted crew-(please only enter crews you have painted yourself!)
  • Most Sporting opponent

The prizes will be a range of Malifaux products to be chosen by the victors. If you wish to attend the event or would like to find out more please drop me a PM and I will be happy to forward you a tournament pack or answer your questions.

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

A list of Players attending:

1. Bringer of Death

2. Bad Cat

3. Rock Nutter

4. Horror Jockey

5. Stargazer

6. Local Player 1

Edited by McDoogle

• 3 weeks later...