underdogs journey of the brush

underdog6750

@ big ned. Hahahaha.........

Sorry im joking of course. Im always more than happy to share my painting techniques colours etc. I ask people for the same help. Plus i usually give away ideas and tips on our podcast :)

Im just glad people enjoy my work and that i can make a little bit of money (trust me little) painting and doing something i love.

The colours for the tots were. A base coat of ghost grey (vallejo) then washed with asurmen blue (gw old line) and a thinned down wash of nuln oil (gw) then higlighted with stonewall grey? (its a vallejo paint but the label is faided and then a final higlight of the same grey and a little pale greyblue.

@ebm. Cheers. I cant believe you have stripped your collette. She had better look as good second time round or im getting a flight to the mainland to slap you lol.

Have also had a good discussion with joel and really really looking forward to the project we have arranged :D

Haha. It will take a while, however. The DubBois project is on hold for now. Working on them little bayou critters.

At the moment I have 4 Bayou Gremlins, Som'er, 1 Warpig, 3 Piglets, 2 Skeeters, Raphael (WIP), Rami (WIP), Pere Ravagé and Ophelia to paint up for them. 14 models plus whatever I will purchase for the orange skins after that. :)

God. Fair play. Im still needing to finish my lucius crew. Im working on hoffman at the minute. Decided to do the constructs in nmm. I have 6 to paint plus hoffman himself. In hind site i think this may have been a bit ambitious lol. But will see hoe they turn out.

Im also experimenting with dry pigments at the minute. So far im really liking the results. Despite how ever neat i try and be i still make a mess get it all over my hands lol.

As well as this i have 3 dred ball teams (mantic games) a lilith crew im finishing up today and a haemlin crew (commission) ill be starting hopefully next week.

Then i fell finally get back to my dead justice box lol. I want to make sure i paint them well lol.

Heres an update to the lilith crew i am doing at the minute. Ive triedexperimenting with pigments on these two models. I tried create a thin muddy effect on the cobbles for lelus base and a rusted effect on lillitus chain.

Would love to get some feed back on these effects as they were complete experiments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12609[/ATTACH]

post-11154-13911928803304_thumb.jpg

post-11154-13911928804632_thumb.jpg

Next up the mother herself lilith :)

Edited by underdog6750

• 3 weeks later...
Heres an update to the lilith crew i am doing at the minute. Ive triedexperimenting with pigments on these two models. I tried create a thin muddy effect on the cobbles for lelus base and a rusted effect on lillitus chain.

Would love to get some feed back on these effects as they were complete experiments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12609[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12610[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12611[/ATTACH]

Next up the mother herself lilith :)

I was not too keen on these models since I've seen them, but you totally changed my image of Lilitu.

Blue demon girl looks awesome beyond words! She really has that Mesopotamian Demonette spark... she is Lilitu from mythology.

Permission to steal your color scheme?

I still don't like Lelu that much, but not by your fault. Your coloring on him looks great and he would look perfect if:

1. If he had a bit of a beard and no collar..

2. The sculpt of his hands is somehow wrong. It seems that his hands below elbow are a bit too short & stumpy. I haven't seen the mini IRL, so this claim might be wrong.

The miniature reminds me more of a Nosferatu, or a vampire from Legacy of Kain than of a fierce baby eating nephilim.

& those yellow eyes do make him look rabid and angry which is a nice touch :D also burly chest looks burlier than on Wyrds mini.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
burly chest

@linus mcmold. Thanks very much, i tried to make lillitu as sexy yet deamonic at the same time and am really pleased with how the dress turned out.

As for lelu im not a fan of the sculpt myself no where near as nice as his counter part. Glad you enjoy and feel free to take what ever you want/can from my models.

Its always an honour and privillage to inspire fellow painters :)

@evilbleachman: i got the open fire box set on amazon for under £40 including free next day delivery so you should get it :P ive enjoyed painting the models and they are nice casts for such a small scale.

I enjoy trying out differnt mediums for my painting as has been good exploring some historic models as opposed to myusual fantasy/scifi stuff.

I guess alot of people dont put much effort in is because they are so ridiculously small across the table there isnt much point lol :P i just cant bring myself to do a half assed job.

@kmdl1066 glad it has rekindled some emotions there. The scale wasnt as big a challange as i suspected :) have you any photos of your old DBM stuff?