underdogs journey of the brush

underdog6750

@bobzilla yea the models were a pleasure to paint. They arent finished yet. I still need to finish off the rifle scope lenses the sword scabbards and a few other small details. Ive just been busy trying to finish my ressurs for an upcomming tournament.

@normski thanks very much hopefuly see you at vappa or in march :)

Hey,

Are you the dude from Soulstone Train?

Loving both your paint schemes here;

The Sonnia stuff looks great and I haven't seen snow basing in Malifaux before. Can't wait to get around to painting my Riflemen, such awesome models.

The Kirai crew is technically better painted I think and the bases are extra special. What's the water with lily pads?

Keep it up bro,

Chris

@chris cheers for the kind words. I have put alot more thought and effort into the kirai crew. That coupled with im constantly trying to better myself as a painter so glad its showing.

The water with the lillys is jaakuna's base that im working on. The rest of the model is nearlly finished so will get pics up sometime next week hopefully.

Haha by that guy on the podcast are you refering to the drunken irish one? If thats the case then yea thats me lol. Glad your enjoying it :)

Will be checking out your podcast tonight. Lookng forward to it :)

Well heres a picture of the almost completed jaakuna. I had a very poorly 1 year old to look after the past week so not been able to input the time i would have liked.

Feel free to comment and spot out faults and areas for improovement.

post-11154-13911927499643_thumb.jpg

Quick point to note; the models have just been placed on the insert as ill be pinning them and then adding a tiny bit of water effect to the base again. Still need to add a tiny bit of rust to the chain.

Cheers for stoping by

Underdog :)

You've got some great looking crews there Underdog and a good eye for colour combinations too, the grey long coat on the Guild Rifleman made him look very assassin'ish to me and I thought it looked better than the pale turquoise that's on the box art.

Off topic, can you recommend any stores online in the uk to purchase malifaux stuff please.

I sure can. If you check out littlestar minatures. They are our sponsors for the podcast. The site is under construction so if you sign up for the news letter you will get a discount on your firdt order :)

If you are in a bit of a rush you can pm and ill see about giving you chris's contact details so you can put an order in direct?

Cheers for the comments though and glad you like my models. If you need any advice feel free to ask. Will also be starting commissions soon so if your ever interested let me know ;)

I really like your Jaakuna. If there's anything I think could use any improvement I guess it would be connected with the way elements painted in completely different colors go together. In this case I mean the little girl and Jaakuna's robe. I'd suggest making a very small outline there, perhaps a thin line of dark wash. It would help "blend" the girl in better. Other that that it's a very nice piece and I look forward to seeing more from you.

@viruk thanks very much. Im a massive fan of your work so is great to get some advice/compliments of someone as skilled as your self. I was considering using a wash to create an outline but was unsure? As it definately needs a little contrast between the two garments.

Ill be getting plenty of photography done tomorow round a friends so will get some more pics up.

Sorry for only checkin out your podcast just now. Had alot going on home side of the breach. Absolutley great job love the editing as well. Was a 10/10 for a first episode. Glad to see there are other people out there with our (soulstone train) approach to gaming.

Ladies and gents if your reading this and havnt checked out the malibros. Or like the soulstone trains take on things check chris an co out. You wont be dissapointed :)