I just wanted some ladies....more macho than Colette

Huang Da Wei

On the eyes I think it is the fact you can see the entire iris (your blue dots are full circles). Generally on a human eye you don't see the entire circle so doing it gives a maniacal wild eye stare.

I read once about using white or grey primary with a heavy black wash to lay down an initial shading layer instead of doing it after the base coat is down. Did you see any changes in the overall shading?

I think that the shading is easier with a gray followed by a wash. It acts almost like a guide coat. It also provides decent inner shading to the mini. On figs that are mostly metal I still like a solid black undercoat but I tend to use gray as well and wash it.

As for the eyes they are large and in charge but on the TT they will look solid IMO. Looking forward to some more stuff.

Gub

I read once about using white or grey primary with a heavy black wash to lay down an initial shading layer instead of doing it after the base coat is down. Did you see any changes in the overall shading?

I always undercoat in white and then wash in black, personally I like the effect. The black wash as noted gives a good guide to where to apply paint whilst the white undercoat allows the colours to remain bright. Just my preference.

• 3 weeks later...