NZ Nationals! 29th - 31st March 2013, Upper Hutt, New Zealand

Malifaux will be at the 2013 New Zealand National Wargaming Convention. This is New Zealand's premier wargaming event so there will be two separate Malifaux tournaments:

On the 29th of March we'll be running a one-day story encounter tournament. This is a three-round, 35SS, fixed faction event. The fee for this tournament is $25.

On the 30th and 31st of March the Masters tournament will be held. This is a two-day, six-round, 35SS fixed faction event. The fee for this tournament is $35.

But wait there's more! Buy in bulk and save save save! If you attend both then the fee is slashed to a mere $50.

We'll also be running with the new Master-declaration rule that was used at the GenCon 2012 events (declare your master at the start of the Hire Crews step).

Details of the 2013 NZ Nationals:

Date: 29th - 31st of March, 2013

Time: First game at 9am, preferably get there at 8.30 for umpire's briefing on the first day of each tournament.

Venue: St Patrick's College, 207 Fergusson Drive, Upper Hutt. Click here for map.

• 4 weeks later...

My first visit to site for about a year! good stuff for organising this. I dont really play MF anymore and I am a bit out of date with new rules etc so probably wont be coming up. I will be keeping an eye on the number of entries. My first tournament in Dunedin back in 2009 got 10.

Edited by brucemanning

• 4 months later...

We had a great day yesterday! We had nine games played in the story encounter tournament while I sat there deflashing new minis. :) We had a lot of new players which was awesome to see. In the end Robert was victorious in all his games to take out the title. Congrats!

We were lucky enough to have Gavin bring down his excellent terrain (which you read about here: http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?38749-Coffee-on-the-edge-of-town) which got a lot of comments from passers-by. Unsurprisingly he also took out best painted. :)

Newcomer Chris won best opponent as well as second place, even though he'd only ever played one game before and was running Colette! Keep you eyes on this one folks.

Full results are available here: http://huttclub.co.nz/events/nationals/malifaux/

John from Pukeko Games was there to provide a ridiculously bountiful pool of prizes and vouchers, most of which were blown right away I believe. :) Thanks John!

bruce: Sadly we only got six entries for the story tournament and had to cancel the two-day masters event. In Wellington Malifaux is most people's second game so running a comp at the same time as a Warmachine event is tough going! From now on I'm planning on running Malifaux tournaments separate from the major cons.

Edited by DevlinMudd
Added sponsorship details