Gamers Lounge Ep 63 - Storm of Shadows Pt 3

nix

I do not often post when a new episode goes up, but I wanted to make sure people who got prizes this time listen sooner than later. We picked out reviews from the iTunes reviews we have received and awarded prizes based on random draws. Give the very long episode a listen and see if you are a winner!

http://gamerslounge.coda.net/2012/10/13/gamers-lounge-ep-63-malifaux-storm-of-shadows-part-3/

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Drove a total of 6 hours to and from a football game today and just wanted to mention real quick that my son and I spent a majority of the round trip listening to all the SoS reviews.

I felt compelled to post because I wanted to say that we really liked the coverage. In particular, we liked the discussion of usage of the models beyond just reading and theorizing what the text said.

If my son had his way, we'd have kept driving past Champaign-Urbana and gone to Wyrd to demand the Lucas boxset in whatever form of development it might be in at the moment. :)

Your podcasts were the highlight of the day. (If you check the Illini score, you will know why)

Wow, thank you very much! We love to get feedback and this is the best kind!!!!

The next show should be posting in a little over an hour (around midnight EST) and it covers Ressers and discussion around Dual Faction and how that affects crews. We also have an M&SU Bar answering why we do not have high opinions of Rail Workers.

Our final "who won the book" will be up in ~2 weeks on episode 65, although its a much shorter discussion. I will say (and I am pretty sure we all say it at some point), this was the most in-depth book review we have done, and I think this book required more of a review than the past books. Kudo's to the developers for positively impacting the game as they have done.

I really liked the episode in general, but I couldn't work out why you guys kept calling McCabe "McHamish". I tend to listen at work, and there are often things that distract me, so I wasn't sure if I'd just missed some in-joke.

Ha! That's a bit of my fault. When we were testing him, I couldn't remember his name for the life of me, so I kept calling him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Dan got particularly angry with me about it after a few times, insisting that his name was very easy to remember, and that I was making it harder by calling him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ instead of McCabe. The more it angered Dan, the more I called him his wrong name, until he finally threw in the towel and realized that I had been right all along - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is just a better name!

I kept calling him that through testing and now it's just stuck for me.

• 2 weeks later...