Need help with Perdita lists. 25, 30, 35ss.

Zeckenschmidt

My current 25ss list is

Perdita

Nino

Papa Loco

Guild Hound x2

Brutal Effigy

2ss cache

What could I sub Papa Loco for if I'm playing against someone experienced or someone that can take him out/use him against me.

I know that Abuela, Executioner, and the Nephilim are options but I'm not really a fan of either of those.

I'm in a tournament that is 25-35ss. A 30 and 35ss list would be nice. Anyone willing to shoot some ideas?

Guild Crew - 25 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
3 Pool

• Brutal Effigy
    [4ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Santiago Ortega
    [7ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Guild Crew - 30 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
3 Pool

• Brutal Effigy
    [4ss]

• Francisco Ortega
    [5ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Santiago Ortega
    [7ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega
--
3 Pool

• Brutal Effigy
    [4ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Nino Ortega
    [7ss]

• Santiago Ortega
    [7ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

• Witchling Stalker
    [4ss]

Just my thoughts... of course you can switch in Death Marshals at the same cost for Stalkers for some "bury" shenanigans.

• 1 month later...

Consider a Guild Austringer. They've got an incredible range and play well into the Ortega's strengths.

Also, consider running the starter box at 25. Companion (family) is a very useful ability, and I have won games simply because I activated all my pieces before my opponent activated any of his. Abuela can give the Austringer companion (family) with her (0), Shotgun Wedding. You certainly don't need to run her, but she is a cool support piece.

Beyond that, I'm relatively new to Malifaux, so I won't pretend to offer you advice on stuff I don't know about. I think companion (family) might be the Ortega's greatest strength, so I'd weigh my options carefully before I took pieces which can't use it.

Dont forget an austringer has (0) deliver orders. So you can activate him, shoot twice, deliver orders then start a companion chain on the ortega models.

I dont think its their greatest strength. Most of them are very good one piece models in their own right. Consider santiago, nino, and I think cisco... All very good for their points. Malifaux eventually becomes about combos, which is why these models dont often see top tier lists (santiago excluded), but companion chaining is a massive bonus. Their strength is in their decent CB and stats.