Builder Campaign at Connections in Vancouver, BC. Weds Oct 10-Nov 7

Veskit

With the upcoming Malifood at Connections, I'd like to start a Builder campaign so that people can get their stuff put together, painted up and get some games in before the tournament.

Where: Connections in Vancouver, BC

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Connection+Games+and+Comics+II,+Renfrew+Street,+Vancouver,+BC&hl=en&sll=54.112352,-126.555646&sspn=26.962719,67.631836&oq=connection&hq=Connection+Games+and+Comics+II,&hnear=Renfrew+St,+Vancouver,+British+Columbia&t=m&z=15

Cost: $5 so we can get a trophy for the winner and give away some small prizes.

When: Every Wednesday starting Oct 10th running until Nov 7th

Rules:

Show up and pay on the first day of the campaign with a crew of 50ss (if you don't have 50ss come and play anyways, I'll still score you points you just won't be eligible for the one time 10pts for having a finish painted crew!, also if you want to add models as the campaign goes on to try to get to the 50ss mark that's also ok just add them to future pictures), I'll take a picture of your army using my crappy camera phone and get them posted up to the campaign gallery thread.

I'll post the link to the gallery thread in here as soon as I set it up (likely just after the first day).

I'll take new pictures of crews when you show up on future days and use it and the previous picture to determine painting progress for scoring.

The scoring is as follows:

Show up and play on a Wednesday: 3 pts

Have an extra painted fig than last week: 5 pts

Fully painted crew: 2 pts

One time - Fully painted crew before the end of the campaign: 10 pts

Wins: 2 pts

Draw: 1 pt

Loss: 0 pt

So if you show up the first week with a fully painted crew, you'll be getting 3pts (show up) + 2 pts (fully painted) and say you win +2 = 7 pts for the first week.

If you come in showing progress each week, you'll get more points than just having a painted crew and likely come in ahead in the long run. This is OK as the object is to paint up an unpainted crew. Keep in mind though the focus is not just to paint a mini a week, but to have a painted crew by the end so if you're a gremlin crew with 30ish models ;) you'll have to paint all of them up before the end.

In the end I am going to get a trophy made up that can be like a stanley cup idea (ie it remains at the store with the person's name on it and future winners also get their name added to it) and look at getting some way of marking it with the winner. It won't be fancy as I'd like to keep most of the money towards prizes and this is more just for bragging rights.

The cost of the trophy will be taken out of the initial prize pool and the remaining prize pool will be divvied up as follows:

The winner of the campaign will get a prize of 50% of the remaining pool.

At the end of the campaign, everyone who participated can enter one model painted up during the campaign and we'll do a vote for who's is the best amongst all the people there. This winner will get a prize of 30% of the remaining pool.

Also at the end of the campaign, everyone will vote for their favorite person to play against and they'll get a prize as well. This person will get 20% of the remaining pool.

Prize pool will be in store credit at Connections in thanks for them allowing us the use of their store for our event! Come out have fun and GET PAINTING!

With some discussion, you'll also be able to get your crew's pictures taken and play games towards the campaign on Sundays as well... that would be starting Oct 14th.

I'm looking to arrange the store to take payments for the campaign, keep your eyes on this space!

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Painting Process will be tracked here:

http://www.wcp-vancouver.com/gallery3/index.php/wcpevent/Connections-Malifaux-Builder-Campaign

Campaign points will be tracked here:

http://www.wcp-vancouver.com/phpBB3/showpart.php?id=45

• 2 weeks later...